Regional Boards > Central States

Nebraska

<< < (27/30) > >>

rte66man:
New Fremont Bypass is now open.

https://www.ketv.com/article/nebraska-new-fremont-beltway-open-traffic/44578149#

roadman65:
I saw that US 75 was closed yesterday between NE 8 and US 73. Had you detoured onto NE 8 WB using erroneous state shield detour signs, but stayed on it instead driving it westbound to Chester, NE before heading back into Kansas.  Only encountered two stoplights as two bridges were being replaced and temporary signals were installed at those two sites.  Otherwise wouldn’t have experienced any stoplights on NE 8.

I heard Nebraska typically uses horizontal signals like TX and NM uses, but would have never known it as the entire southern border counties were very rural with rolling hills of empty other than occasional corn crops.

SD Mapman:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 13, 2023, 08:15:54 AM ---I saw that US 75 was closed yesterday between NE 8 and US 73. Had you detoured onto NE 8 WB using erroneous state shield detour signs, but stayed on it instead driving it westbound to Chester, NE before heading back into Kansas.  Only encountered two stoplights as two bridges were being replaced and temporary signals were installed at those two sites.  Otherwise wouldn’t have experienced any stoplights on NE 8.

I heard Nebraska typically uses horizontal signals like TX and NM uses, but would have never known it as the entire southern border counties were very rural with rolling hills of empty other than occasional corn crops.

--- End quote ---

If I remember right Falls City has the horizontal stoplights so there's that... some places they're switching to vertical signals.

roadman65:
I found this odd set up.  As usually Nebraska uses diagram junction signs, this is the typical other states way with the JCT header. 

I'm guessing it has to do with space limitations here as a diagram would be too big to use.

dvferyance:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 13, 2023, 08:15:54 AM ---I saw that US 75 was closed yesterday between NE 8 and US 73. Had you detoured onto NE 8 WB using erroneous state shield detour signs, but stayed on it instead driving it westbound to Chester, NE before heading back into Kansas.  Only encountered two stoplights as two bridges were being replaced and temporary signals were installed at those two sites.  Otherwise wouldn’t have experienced any stoplights on NE 8.

--- End quote ---
The more populated areas in the east are vertical like Lincoln and Omaha but it is true out west it is all horizontal. Not sure about the areas east but away from I-80.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version