News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most "persistent" route in your state

Started by webny99, August 29, 2022, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

index

NC 194 is a really piecemeal route that has a lot of locations where it could logically end, but at all of them it continues forward on a multiplex to another segment of highway, unrelated to the last.

TN SR 67 is similarly piecemeal and has a lot of places where it could end, although not to the extreme extent that NC 194 is at.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Dirt Roads

Quote from: index on September 29, 2022, 12:00:26 PM
NC 194 is a really piecemeal route that has a lot of locations where it could logically end, but at all of them it continues forward on a multiplex to another segment of highway, unrelated to the last.

I would agree with this, except the more I get up in that area it seems like NC-194 is the off-the-beaten-path route that almost all of the quaint mountain scenery (with the most Hex barn quilt signs).  But indeed, the routing is crazy.  I've never done the entire route in one trip.  It would be better managed if it were like VA-42 with multiple segments.

Takumi

NC 903 is also a good choice. It meanders all over eastern NC, and seemingly was extended to Virginia to give one number from I-85 and South Hill to the Lake Gaston area (despite the route being entirely secondary on the VA side).
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Quillz

CA-168 exists in three, non-contiguous pieces. (It is signed concurrently with US-395 from Bishop to Big Pine, but technically concurrencies don't actually exist and Caltrans is very inconsistent in practice, sometimes signing implied concurrencies, other times not). Point is, all three could function fine as three separate routes, as each has a different purpose. Western segment connects Fresno to the western Sierra foothills. Middle segment connects the Sierra escarpment to Bishop. Eastern segment connects the Owens Valley to the Nevada border. There were plans "on paper" to connect the western and middle segment, but it will never happen.

Avalanchez71

The routing of SR 99 in Tennessee defies logic.  The through route is from Waynesville to Bradeyville.  With opposite end dog legs out of almost every town it passes through.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.