News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

So...what the heck happened with TS Nestor? Thing must have drifted inland, because the entire Hudson Valley is getting soaked by it right now. I had to cut short my planned hiking because the storm arrived far earlier than predicted.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

ozarkman417

Big cold front coming in to steal my sleep.
Tornado Watch here until 5am.

bing101

bing101

https://www.thereporter.com/2019/10/27/vallejo-declares-water-emergency/   
Now a fire warning has been issued to Vallejo, CA due to a wildfire near the Carquinez Bridge. Water Conversations and Power Outages are taking place as the fallout of the wildfire in Vallejo takes place.

Mark68

21. Cloudy with flurries. We received about 5-6" of snow overnight and we're expecting an even larger snow total with the next front coming in tomorrow (and temps will be hovering in the low single digits overnight).

It was 76 on Saturday.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

KEVIN_224

This happened in a good chunk of Connecticut on October 29/30, 2011. Freakishly early heavy wet snow. Set the Connecticut record for power outages. I was in New Britain. Our lights flickered a couple of times, but did not go completely out. My sister, who lives elsewhere in the same city, lost her power for nearly 6 days.

Hartford picked up 1 1/3 inches of rain on Sunday, with more down towards Long Island Sound. Safe to say we have zero threats of wildfires around here.

MNHighwayMan

The first real snowfall of the year is anticipated here tonight, albeit with less than a inch of total accumulation expected. (It rain/snowed here about a week ago, but it was too warm to accumulate.) The city of Des Moines was out spreading salt solution on the main thoroughfares in preparation for this.

More snow is also expected later this week.

jakeroot

No snow here, but some outlying areas of Seattle will be dipping well-below freezing overnight, for about the next week or so. Sunny basically every day, which is very welcome for fall (especially because it's not a hot, draining sun like in the summer).

This will be the first below-freezing Halloween for at least four or five years, IIRC. But it beats getting soaked.

Eth

Atlanta, on the other hand, is expecting a wet Halloween, with perhaps an inch or two of rain between Tuesday and Thursday. It'll also be warm (as always) with highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s – though we may be in for a bit of a shock on Friday morning with potentially the first 30s of the season making an appearance.

Tonight, though, is a fairly normal night for late October, maybe just a couple degrees warmer than average. Low 60s now, headed for the mid-50s by morning.

thspfc

1-2 inches of snow on the ground right now.

Max Rockatansky

Supposedly it's 39F in my backyard but shows 43F currently in Fresno.  Felt a little cool out running, I'll need my gloves soon. 

Mark68

15 and snowing. It's probably snowed about 4" or so since this morning, maybe another 4-8" by tomorrow morning. Morning commute sucked, evening commute will suck even worse, and I don't even want to think about tomorrow morning...
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

J N Winkler

We haven't had snow yet here in Wichita, but it is in the forecast for tomorrow, and it has been quite chilly since yesterday morning.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

ipeters61

Quote from: KEVIN_224 on October 28, 2019, 02:12:09 PM
This happened in a good chunk of Connecticut on October 29/30, 2011. Freakishly early heavy wet snow. Set the Connecticut record for power outages. I was in New Britain. Our lights flickered a couple of times, but did not go completely out. My sister, who lives elsewhere in the same city, lost her power for nearly 6 days.
I remember this storm!  I was at South Windsor HS at the time and we had school cancelled for the entire week.  We ended up staying with my grandparents in PA for a week because of the power outage (my father's girlfriend lived in Manchester and she had power, and I heard reports of a handful of people in South Windsor having power).

Regarding DE weather coming up, we're expecting rain from Wednesday evening to Friday evening.  Temperatures lately have been 65-75.  This weekend they're expecting around 55.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

thspfc

More snow tonight  :-/ The temperature might not rise above 40 for a long while, so this snow could stick around for a bit.

Eth

A very warm morning for this time of year, 71 degrees right now. We're under a flood watch for the rain yesterday and today...and now also a freeze warning for tonight. Fortunately I'm sure the ground temperatures are warm enough that this combo probably won't cause a problem in the morning, but it'll be an eye-opener.

ce929wax

Snowing in Kalamazoo (Parchment), Michigan at 5:30 PM EDT.   It was 34 degrees according to my car thermometer.

tolbs17

It's 76 degrees and clear. Tornado Watch is possible. I hate tornadoes. They suck up stuff and throw things around. I hope we are fine.

Scott5114

Tornadoes don't actually suck things up. A tornado is strong winds blowing in a circle like a merry-go-round.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 31, 2019, 10:43:57 PM
Tornadoes don't actually suck things up. A tornado is strong winds blowing in a circle like a merry-go-round.
I should study science more... At least the tornado is not as bad as Joplin, Missouri back in 2011.

webny99

Snow!!

It's not really sticking, but even still, yikes. Much to early for this. Prime foliage season was only 1-2 weeks ago; there's still plenty of leaves to come down.

thspfc

Everyone complaining about 40 degrees and a little bit of snow.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: thspfc on November 07, 2019, 06:19:13 PM
Everyone complaining about 40 degrees and a little bit of snow.

I agree. By Veterans Day, the high here is only supposed to be in the 20s, with snow possible.

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on November 07, 2019, 02:01:42 PM
Snow!!
It's not really sticking, but even still, yikes. Much to early for this. Prime foliage season was only 1-2 weeks ago; there's still plenty of leaves to come down.

So, it did stick, and we have about an inch on the ground now.

This is one of the weirdest beginnings to winter in my memory: it's usually much more gradual than this, and I've never known the first snow to arrive during the day. It always first comes as a morning surprise to wake up to a coating or inch or two, working into the real stuff gradually. Not this year! Started sticking during mid-afternoon. That's unusual for November period, much less this early in November.

vdeane

It's happened, though I don't remember anything more than a coating from a first afternoon snow.  Nothing stuck in the river valleys in the Capital District - I'm honestly not sure if it ever snowed at all.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.