Regional Boards > Mountain West

Phoenix "Frankensigns"

<< < (3/3)

DJStephens:

--- Quote from: Breadman17 on September 22, 2023, 03:04:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: Road Hog on September 22, 2023, 02:02:33 AM ---Um ...

Have you seen the Oklahoma signs on here?

--- End quote ---

No????? this and the one on the 10 are the only instances I've ever seen of this.
How many more of these are there? I drove through OK about a year ago through OKC and Tulsa, I don't remember seeing one

--- End quote ---
He's referring the "cRaIg County" one.  It's bad, and apparently was up for years.   Looks like a kindergartener came up with it.   There was a brand new BGS, erected on the new "Loop 375" error in downtown El Paso.  A combination of standard FHWA font, and the "clearview font".   Terrible. 

machias:

--- Quote from: machias on September 26, 2023, 11:14:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: machias on September 22, 2023, 07:45:42 PM ---The I-10 EB advanced guide sign for Casa Grande is falling apart from a recent accent and half the legend is a pull thru overhead for I-10 EB with an Exit Only black on yellow panel (at least as of two weeks ago)

--- End quote ---

I drove through there again this weekend. It was the 1/2 mile advance sign for the Casa Grande access, and has been removed by ADOT, probably because of the "Tucson" and "Exit Only" down arrow legend that was showing.

--- End quote ---

The 1/2 mile sign is back and obviously over the former Tucson pull through sign, as the entire sign face is covered in rivets, holding it in place over the original sign legend. They must have fixed it in the field.  Another interesting thing of note on this sign: "Casa Grande" is in mixed case Series D, but "Coolidge" is in mixed case Series E Modified. All of the other signs in the sequence have both destinations in Series D mixed case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version