News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstate kyle tour of the eastern Sierras.

Started by bing101, July 25, 2018, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Max Rockatansky

I really dug his video on CA 4 over Ebbetts Pass.

bing101

sparker

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 25, 2018, 10:35:56 PM
I really dug his video on CA 4 over Ebbetts Pass.

My favorite sequence of all his videos is I-5 north from Sacramento to Portland; except for some sections skipped over, it's really a nice rendition of that trip -- and brings back memories from when I was doing the round trip at least once every couple of months back in the '90's.  He should be commended for keeping his windshield relatively clean; that certainly made for a better presentation. 

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bing101 on August 03, 2018, 03:25:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jDPWhkalgg

I'd be interested to see what gear he rode back downhill on.  That grade on Whitney Portal is pretty much a consistent 10% once you hit the curves. 

Rothman

I have camped at Whitney Portal and dayhiked Mount Whitney from there.  Great drive and superb campground. 
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

bing101

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bing101 on August 19, 2018, 10:46:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVFaqxWMPc
Another segment by InterstateKyle.

I'm to understand that the one-lane section of CA 36 is being widened or already has.  That would leave on that tiny segment of CA 168 as the only section of one-lane state highway I have left to complete.  I have the eastern segment of 168 high on my priority list for next year, I've done so much of my own stuff with the western segment that I'd like to clinch the full route. 

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.