News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 2015

Started by cpzilliacus, January 11, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Anyone else at the TRB 2015 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.?

Mike T and Laura B are attending some sessions - as am I.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cl94

I'm there. Was at an interchange design workshop this morning featuring complex interchanges and DDIs. My break-out group got to criticize KDOT's signage plans for the I-35/435/K-10 mess that's being rebuilt. Have some pictures that feature quite a few crazy APLs that you'd have to see to believe.

Other than that, I'll be attending sessions (including the poster session that features the project I'm assisting with and will be credited as an author for the final paper in the spring) and committee meetings, starting in about 8 hours with the geometric design committee.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Laura

Checking in! I'll be there through Thursday. Taking the MARC train and DC Circulator to get to and from each day.

Do we want to try to have an AARoads meet up for lunch or dinner one of the days? I am meeting up with Mike T for lunch today.

Call/text me at 443-417-0584.

cl94, when is your poster session?

iPhone

cl94

Eh, it's not my poster session.  Hopped on the project last semester, so my work isn't up. While the grad student was making the poster and TRB paper, I was updating the data for a journal article. My project is at 4:15 on Tuesday. I'll be in the room as an observer/ recipient of criticism so I know what to mention when I start writing next week.

I'm staying in NoMa and have an unlimited SmarTrip card,  so if people want to meet up, I'd be more than willing to join if I'm available.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Laura

Awesome. Not sure what Patrick and Mike T are doing tomorrow, but I could meet for either lunch or dinner.

iPhone

jrouse

I didn't go this year.  For those who went, how did you like the new venue?

cpzilliacus

Quote from: jrouse on January 17, 2015, 01:53:34 AM
I didn't go this year.  For those who went, how did you like the new venue?

Big improvement over the Connecticut Avenue hotels. But I am biased, as the Convention Center is walking distance (on a nice day) to my office.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.