News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by webny99 - Today at 06:52:39 PM
Quote from: thspfc on Today at 01:14:06 PM
Quote^ All I'm saying is a somewhat similar strategy worked out OK for the Packers with Jordan Love and even better for the Chiefs with Mahomes. Even though the financials here are a bit different, the fact that they just paid Cousins so much money is arguably the worse move. It's a unique approach, but too early to say for sure that it was a bad move since the projected upside is long-term rather than immediate. If the pick hits, the contract stuff won't matter as much, and certainly won't be a talking point in 5+ years.
"If the pick hits" applies to every draft pick ever, so by that logic, why does anyone waste time discussing the draft at all?

Of course you want the pick to hit, but the contract stuff is more about the value of QB relative to other positions. It's the only position with true franchise altering upside, but the downside isn't much worse than drafting a bust receiver or tackle in part because they have Cousins - see how the 49ers are a perennial contender despite Trey Lance being a total bust. The Falcons coach/GM haven't earned that trust yet, but this is a big statement that they expect to be a good team right away, and if they are, the contracts and picks stuff will be forgotten pretty quickly.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 06:38:46 PM
When you pull up to the ATM at your bank. No line. No one in sight. You get your deposit money. While doing so a large family comes out of nowhere.

It's not just one person out of a family as big as the Brady Bunch only, but Mike, Carol, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, Cindy, and Alice all have their own ATM card making separate withdrawals.
Mountain West / Re: I-40/US 93 West Kingman In...
Last post by pderocco - Today at 06:36:55 PM
Quote from: roadfro on Today at 11:52:56 AMI think SSR_317 wasn't implying that those mentioned upgrades are preventing I-11 from being signed, but rather that upgrades to the I-40 interchanges and getting the last two-lane sections of US 93 widened would improve the safety of the LAS-PHX drive. Those efforts would likely have a greater impact than the eventual full conversion of US 93 to I-11.
I agree. There's an awful lot of road mileage that would be perfectly adequate for the next thirty years if it was fourlaned, even if it wasn't full freeway. I don't really itch for I-11 down to Kingman; I yearn more for four lanes from I-40 down to Wickenburg. As a roadgeek, it often feels to me like an upgrade to full freeway is a loss of character and interest. If it's in a heavily trafficked area, then it's worth the trade, but out in the vast countryside, not so much.
Mid-South / Re: April bid openings: $1.09 ...
Last post by MaxConcrete - Today at 06:21:48 PM
Both I-35 projects were approved by the commission on April 25.

There was discussion of the cost overruns, particularly the north project at the Oklahoma border. The TxDOT contracting director says they are looking into smaller projects to attract more bidders, but many large projects are not suitable to be split into multiple small projects.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 06:10:39 PM
Ghoti.

English is weird.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 06:06:34 PM
But same teammates and situation? It's Rodgers all day.
Last post by NWI_Irish96 - Today at 05:59:32 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: thspfc on Today at 04:42:31 PMLove's season was a lot closer to Stroud's than people want to think. I guess that's a product of fans falling in love with the shiny new toy on the upstart underdog team. Stroud is that, Love is not. His second half of the year, and into the postseason, was better than Stroud's.

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 04:20:48 PMI think Love is a fringe Top 10 guy.

Mahomes is currently in a category of his own.

Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Stroud and Herbert are in the next tier. Rodgers might be here also but he's old and coming off a major injury.

Tua, Goff, Lawrence, Stafford, Prescott, Hurts and Purdy are guys I'd take over Love right now but he could easily surpass any or all of them.

Would not take Cousins or Murray over Love at all.
This aligns pretty well with my list, except I'm taking Love over Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Stafford, and Dak as well. (Wouldn't trash Cousins like that, he belongs with the above guys, but I wouldn't take him over Love either.) That puts the following guys in front of him:

- Mahomes
- Allen
- Burrow
- Lamar
- Stroud
- Herbert
- Hurts
- Goff (total 50/50)

Love over Rodgers should be a no-brainer at this point. Love had a better year last season - by a lot - than Rodgers did with the same team in 2022. Since then Rodgers tore his achilles and has not completed a pass in what will be over a year and a half.

To clarify my position, this isn't about drafting a dynasty fantasy football team. I'm not saying "which is the better QB to build my team around", which is a much different conversation than "who is the best QB now". I don't think there's any way you can say Love is a better QB than Rodgers. If you're down six with 3:00 left in the 4th quarter, there's no way you'd rather have Love than Rodgers (assuming he's healthy).

I'd rather have Love behind the Packers offense than Rodgers behind the Jets offense.
Last post by GaryV - Today at 05:51:24 PM
Move
Love
Clove

Why don't they all rhyme?
Northwest / Re: Alaska
Last post by Great Lakes Roads - Today at 05:43:46 PM
An update on the Seward Highway widening project between O'Mally Road to Dimond Boulevard.

Construction on this project has been pushed to at least 2027.

This additional time will be used to reevaluate the scope of the project and:

• Update traffic projections
  • Coordinate timing with the AMATS Academy/Vanguard project
  • Reexamine the Diverging Diamond Interchange to determine if it is the best fit for the O'Malley interchange

Website link: https://www.sewardhighway.info/
Last post by formulanone - Today at 05:19:15 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 05:14:39 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on Today at 04:39:22 PMI call them "Slutbots"

I don't slut-shame my bots. They're just living their best file.

Anagrammed that for you.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.