News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Crazy things you've found in Google StreetView

Started by rickmastfan67, April 07, 2010, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

vdeane

How many oxen were lost when the street view car decided to ford that stream?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: vdeane on February 23, 2016, 06:51:56 PM
How many oxen were lost when the street view car decided to ford that stream?

Don't know, all the drivers died of dysentery (or "dentistry" as I called it when I played that game).

noelbotevera

cl94

I was poking around GSV before class and noticed that somebody put my building lobby on GSV. Actually, the entire campus is on GSV. That's what happens at an engineering school where everyone is a nerd, I guess.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

spooky

Quote from: cl94 on February 26, 2016, 08:40:41 AM
I was poking around GSV before class and noticed that somebody put my building lobby on GSV. Actually, the entire campus is on GSV. That's what happens at an engineering school where everyone is a nerd, I guess.

I see that it is largely unchanged in the 20 years since I was last in that building.

Check that - I attended a hockey game within the last 10 years where we did some post-game late night urban spelunking and may have ended up in the basement of that building.

cl94

Quote from: spooky on February 26, 2016, 08:52:58 AM
Quote from: cl94 on February 26, 2016, 08:40:41 AM

I see that it is largely unchanged in the 20 years since I was last in that building.

Check that - I attended a hockey game within the last 10 years where we did some post-game late night urban spelunking and may have ended up in the basement of that building.

The tunnels under here are some of the few steam tunnels that you get into legally. Connection to the science center is creepy as hell (especially the elevator in that tunnel), but it's great if I need to get to the student services building in the rain.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

cl94

roadman65

I have seen some in black and white too and not just black.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

noelbotevera

NE2

So crazy that an old bridge shows up on an old photo. My mind is fucking blown!
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

cl94

freebrickproductions

Quote from: cl94 on March 04, 2016, 08:42:01 PM
Found at the intersection of NY 66 and NY 295: the circus train.
On the topic of trains, street view caught their first heritage unit back in 2012, a few months after NS put theirs into service:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.94227,-81.074674,3a,15y,225.03h,89.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGEY2SLSv_0n9cn2-27C4sw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

freebrickproductions

(They/Them)

noelbotevera

cl94

noelbotevera

CNGL-Leudimin

What the... That was back in 2008, imagery from September 2014 (confirmed by my various visits there) shows this entrance was rebuilt. Further down the street there's something unknown in the USA.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

ethanhopkin14

cl94

paulthemapguy

Oh man I just found this and hoped there would be a thread here for crazy stuff in GSV.  The forum delivered.
And now this! https://goo.gl/maps/7LjVJC7c3N72
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

noelbotevera

Quote from: paulthemapguy on April 05, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
Oh man I just found this and hoped there would be a thread here for crazy stuff in GSV.  The forum delivered.
And now this! https://goo.gl/maps/7LjVJC7c3N72
The amusing thing isn't the sign, it's the fact that they flipped a "W" upside down. Clever, but can someone also call Will Swith for the other type of cookie?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.