News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on May 25, 2020, 06:16:40 PM
Looks like you're going to get the same heat wave that's supposed to hit Utah at the end of this week. Based on the latest forecast, Salt Lake will be 96 on Friday and 97 on Saturday - not sure I've ever seen temperatures that high in May before. And it just snowed this past weekend!

I can't complain too much though, because areas farther southwest are going to be approaching 110 degrees. Most of the Desert Southwest and Central Valley is under an excessive heat warning.

With regard to Thursday I have a day trip planned to the Courtright and Wishon Reservoirs.  Being above 7,000 feet in elevation is definitely the place I'll want to be on my day off.  The weird thing is that by the weekend the temperature will plunge back to the 80s.  I'm thinking about just bringing a lounge chair and setting up at one of the reservoirs presumptively after I hike.  I told my wife the AC is being turned on for the second time this year, she was not pleased about the prospect of the elevated electrical bill. 

7/8

Today reached a high of 32C (90F), and there was snow only a few weeks ago. Friday will cool down to a more comfortable high of 22C (72F) - better for working outside.

7/8

Quote from: webny99 on May 23, 2020, 05:22:23 PM
Quote from: 7/8 on May 23, 2020, 08:20:13 AM
I went to Long Point provincial park last Saturday since the provincial parks just opened up and the beach was pretty quiet, so I might go back today and bring my swimsuit (though Lake Erie will still be cold!)

I always quite enjoy Ontario's side of the Lake Erie shore. Never been to Long Point, although family friends have raved about nearby Turkey Point.

I would recommend checking it out. Lake Erie (Ontario side) seems to be overlooked, so the beaches tend to be pretty quiet. I think Long Point is the nicest park I've been to on Lake Erie (though I haven't tried Turkey Point) - the beach is long (as the name suggests :-D) so it's easy to find a spot to yourself. Right now there's no park staff so there's no entrance fee. :thumbsup:

STLmapboy

Spot t-storms around the STL area for the past few days. Small but powerful cells that are infrequent but heavy when they hit (occasionally with an inconsequential amount of hail). The thunder can be heard regardless, though, so it's been very noisy around here the past few days.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on May 25, 2020, 09:55:32 PM
Quote from: webny99 on May 23, 2020, 05:22:23 PM
Quote from: 7/8 on May 23, 2020, 08:20:13 AM
I went to Long Point provincial park last Saturday since the provincial parks just opened up and the beach was pretty quiet, so I might go back today and bring my swimsuit (though Lake Erie will still be cold!)
I always quite enjoy Ontario's side of the Lake Erie shore. Never been to Long Point, although family friends have raved about nearby Turkey Point.
I would recommend checking it out. Lake Erie (Ontario side) seems to be overlooked, so the beaches tend to be pretty quiet. I think Long Point is the nicest park I've been to on Lake Erie (though I haven't tried Turkey Point) - the beach is long (as the name suggests :-D) so it's easy to find a spot to yourself. Right now there's no park staff so there's no entrance fee. :thumbsup:

Yes, I can't wait for the border to reopen and will certainly add that to the bucket list for when it does!  :)
Nickel Beach (in Port Colborne) is another great one that I'd like to revisit.

Roadgeekteen

Low 80s and partly cloudy.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 26, 2020, 04:36:53 PM
Early 80s and partly cloudy.

Early 80s?  Did you go back in time?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SEWIGuy on May 26, 2020, 04:43:14 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 26, 2020, 04:36:53 PM
Early 80s and partly cloudy.

Early 80s?  Did you go back in time?

He did just post a thread about Back to the Future.  RGT; If you start suddenly hearing Huey Lewis don't be concerned, you're just in 1985. 

Truvelo

Correct English would be low 80's :pan:

Here we are early 70's, oops, low 70's in the day and low 50's in the night. We have had very little rain since March and much of the grass is already turning brown. We are not on a water meter so we water our lawn generously to keep it lush and green. The temperatures are just about perfect - nice and warm in the day without being scorching and cool at night without needing AC.
Speed limits limit life

hotdogPi

Early 80s makes sense if the temperature keeps increasing to the 90s. However, living near him, I know that did not happen today.
Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

Truvelo

I beg to differ. Temperatures are low-mid-high. Saying early 80's or small 80's is just plain wrong. Some trendy weather presenters may try using unorthodox phrases just to be smart or different but it doesn't work in my book. Even a two year old will know that an early temperature makes no sense. I would interpret an early temperature as early in the day, such as the temperature at 3am in the morning.
Speed limits limit life

webny99

Quote from: Truvelo on May 26, 2020, 05:58:39 PM
I would interpret an early temperature as early in the day, such as the temperature at 3am in the morning.

Right, that's why it would make sense if the temperature kept increasing throughout the day.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 1 on May 26, 2020, 05:47:26 PM
Early 80s makes sense if the temperature keeps increasing to the 90s. However, living near him, I know that did not happen today.
I would say 80s early in the day if that was the case.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ozarkman417

Areas in the Ozarks have gotten as much as six inches of rain in the past seven days. Temps have been in the seventies and low 80s, though I'm looking forward to next week, where the rain will finally end and temps will be in the mid 80s. Great weather for a day on the river away from everyone else, and not in a crowded pool...

Roadgeekteen

Roadgeekteen

Bruce

Two straight days of 80+ temperatures is far too much for me.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on May 29, 2020, 02:12:11 AM

I'm getting to the point where I may need to plug in my AC unit. Being nine floors up on a AC-less building is not fun when it's hot.

Usually I open my windows, but it's pointless right now without a breeze. I would need to keep them entirely open to make a difference, and there's too much street noise for that to work.

Does look like we'll get to cool off with some lightning on Saturday, which could get fun.

Roadgeekteen

CoreySamson

Quote from: Bruce on May 29, 2020, 02:12:11 AM

At least you don't live in Houston! Low 90s and sunny for the foreseeable future.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Max Rockatansky

High of 82F today.  Talk about a far drop from a forecast highway of 107F on Thursday.

ozarkman417

This next week will be sunny and in the mid 80s. What a change from cloudy and rainy almost every day for the past two weeks.

Bruce

A rare morning thunderstorm in the Seattle area. A little freaked out to wake up to loud thunder.

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on May 30, 2020, 12:43:02 PM
A rare morning thunderstorm in the Seattle area. A little freaked out to wake up to loud thunder.

Damn thing woke me up about ten past 8, after I'd only been asleep for a few hours. Didn't wake up till 11 as I went straight back to bed. Annoying too since I love a good storm but I was too tired to enjoy this one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.