News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2013 meets?

Started by hbelkins, January 03, 2013, 10:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Plans are already drawn up, preferred corridor selected, EIS completed.  They're doing ROW acquisition now.  It should be noted that this has been in planning for over a decade.

Takumi

The new Jordan Bridge could also be part of the tour.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Laura

My attendance at summer meets this year may be spotty at best (due to my own wedding with Mike this August and all of the various events!) so fall works better for me (except for my college homecoming weekend October 18-20).

Alps

Quote from: Laura Bianca on March 18, 2013, 09:05:01 PM
My attendance at summer meets this year may be spotty at best (due to my own wedding with Mike this August and all of the various events!) so fall works better for me (except for my college homecoming weekend October 18-20).
AUGUST!

froggie

Congrats on the wedding.  Shouldn't be an issue.  If I hold Hampton Roads in October at all, it'd be the 26th-27th, and that's only if A) I'm not already in Vermont, and B) the ship gets back as scheduled.

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on March 19, 2013, 09:11:47 AM
the ship gets back as scheduled.

I'll bet retirement is looking better and better.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

Quote from: froggie on March 19, 2013, 09:11:47 AM
Congrats on the wedding.  Shouldn't be an issue.  If I hold Hampton Roads in October at all, it'd be the 26th-27th, and that's only if A) I'm not already in Vermont, and B) the ship gets back as scheduled.
The later the better for me. I'm unlikely to be able to make any meet in October, because I have a car meet planned for that month (not sure what week yet). Also, the later in the year, the less tourist traffic, obviously.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

froggie

However, the later in the year, the earlier the sunset, but I have ways around that (i.e. skip the "traditional lunch").

jpi

October 26/27, thats mine and Stephs wedding anniversary, not sure if she would go for it but at the same time it would not suprise me but we are also debating on going to the Florida panhandle gulf coast area for a few days around that time too. July is pretty much out for me since the 2nd half of July will be spent out west and great plains region.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

vdeane

My attendance at Portsmouth depends on a multitude of factors, including when I move to Rome and how much that costs.  It's just far enough out that I would probably need a hotel somewhere (probably in MA... it would be nice to check out the interstates there).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

PHLBOS

Quote from: vdeane on March 22, 2013, 12:28:26 PM
My attendance at Portsmouth depends on a multitude of factors, including when I move to Rome and how much that costs.  It's just far enough out that I would probably need a hotel somewhere (probably in MA... it would be nice to check out the interstates there).
So is a Portsmouth, NH Meet for June 1 official yet? 

BTW, there are some motels just off I-95 in Portsmouth itself.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Dougtone

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 22, 2013, 12:56:40 PM
Quote from: vdeane on March 22, 2013, 12:28:26 PM
So is a Portsmouth, NH Meet for June 1 official yet? 

BTW, there are some motels just off I-95 in Portsmouth itself.

Just about official.  I have been trying to decide between having the meet on June 1 or June 8, but I am leaning toward the 1st.  I am trying to determine a restaurant out there (with decent access to main roads, parking, etc.) and that will be determined when I scout out the meet next weekend.

That being said, expect an official meet announcement within the next couple of weeks.

froggie

Could also eat in Kittery...there's a few okay restaurants there as I recall.

Dougtone

Quote from: froggie on March 26, 2013, 08:19:33 AM

Kittery is certainly an option as well, possibly a better option than Portsmouth.  I'm going to see what restaurants have good access and then see if I come up with a good review with my Yelp app on my smartphone.

Alps

Quote from: froggie on March 26, 2013, 08:19:33 AM
Weathervane is a good seafood place - not sure how prices stack up for a lunch.

kharvey10

Spring meets are the worst time of the year for me due to softball-related stuff.  Fall/Winter meets work out much better but this year my vacation time will probably be spent in Memphis helping my brother move into a house (he moved there last year for job-related reasons).  The next St. Louis area meet will not occur before the opening of the new I-70 bridge that is projected to happen in 2014.

vdeane

Thinking of hosting a meet in the late September/October timeframe; currently leaning towards Kingston, NY.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

yanksfan6129

Quote from: vdeane on April 08, 2013, 11:09:51 AM
Thinking of hosting a meet in the late September/October timeframe; currently leaning towards Kingston, NY.

I would totally attend a Kingston meet that is within the time frame of Oct. 12-15.

froggie

Later in the fall would work for me for Kingston, given my aforementioned deployment schedule.  Could incorporate it into a Vermont trip.

vdeane

My other ideas included Burlington, VT and a mini-meet for I-781/1000 Islands area (not much other than I-781 and the 1000 Islands Bridge, but in fall it should be quite scenic).  Some people have expressed occasional interest in a St. Lawrence county redux as well, especially since I found some stuff in the Ogdensburg/Huevelton/Pope Mills area.

froggie

In the event you do a Burlington meet before I'm back from sea, one item of note is about an hour away in Morrisville, VT, where VTrans is building a VT 100 bypass on the west side of town...likely the last new alignment Vermont highway to be built, since there's no funding for the south part of the Bennington bypass and the rest of VT 289 was all but cancelled in 2011.

WillWeaverRVA

Haven't paid much attention to this but I could definitely make a Hampton Roads-area meet in October. I'm currently about to start a new job, but the new job doesn't have me working weekends either, so they're still open.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

DanTheMan414

I've been chatting with a few others from the Michigan roads community, and the thinking is we may do a meet in the Flint area coming up about the same time as the Port Huron meet last year, so probably in mid to late August.

Dr Frankenstein

Not saying no for Flint, as I have family in Windsor.

AsphaltPlanet

There is likely going to be a meet in Windsor sometime in June, but I don't have further details at this time.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.