Saturday July 13, 2013
12 PM

Restaurant:
The Rusty Bucket
6025 Kruse Drive
Solon, Ohio 44139
(440) 248-2300
------------------

The journey to the city of Indians, Browns and a river that catches on fire, the 2013 road meet in Cleveland Ohio will visit spots including the rebuilt Innerbelt Bridge and Dead Man's Curve of Interstate 90, the downtown square that marks the terminus and junction of numerous routes in Cleveland, and even old bridges along the riversides and in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

RSVP by July 11. My email is richardpetty43@msn.com if you need to contact me.

Hope to see some of you there!
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

PHLBOS

I have prior plans for that Saturday, so I won't be attending.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Brandon

Sounds like fun.  I RSVP'd on FB already.  It'll make a nice day trip being as it is about 5-1/2 hours from my house.  :nod:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jpi

I am a maybe on facebook for this because this is my first day of my BIG road trip west, I could do it but I would have to leave and head to St Louis that evening for a toy show on Sunday, may be too much driveing in too short of a time frame for me.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Doubtful for me. I've committed to Chattanooga on the 6th and plan on going to Wichita on the 20th. I could do it in a day, I suppose, but I'd rather not.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

A.J. Bertin

I wish I could attend this meet, but Steve Alpert is coming to West Michigan and we're going to do some roadgeeking in this area (probably with a few others too). He and I have been planning this for a while and he already bought his plan ticket. That's a done deal.

I hope you guys have fun!
-A.J. from Michigan

Duke87

Hotel booked and non-refundable, so I'm in. :D
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Laura

Attending a wedding that day in Virginia, so no can do.

Alps

I caught a few old bridges, and then Googled and saw all the ones I'd missed upriver. Hopefully your tour is going to make a stop in the Flats, under the Superior Viaduct.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Steve on June 24, 2013, 06:51:55 PM
I caught a few old bridges, and then Googled and saw all the ones I'd missed upriver. Hopefully your tour is going to make a stop in the Flats, under the Superior Viaduct.

It is in fact.
Adam Seth Moss

Brandon

A small meet it was, but a good meet indeed.

Here we are in The Flats:

Mike, myself, Anthony, and Adam.

A view of the bridges down there:

I wound up driving and got to show off my mad parallel parking skillz on a hill with a stick shift.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Duke87

Quote from: Brandon on July 14, 2013, 05:19:01 PM

That would be (left to right) Anthony (me), yourself, Daniel, and Adam.

I am also happy to report that I successfully obtained the $5 Adam owed me, thus making the trip worth it. :P
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

A.J. Bertin

Great pictures, Brandon! It looks like it was a good time.
-A.J. from Michigan

Roadgeek Adam

Alright, my meet photo, not as great as Brandon's, but

Left to Right: Anthony Costanzo (NY), Brandon Gorte (IL), Daniel Case (NY), Adam Moss (NJ)

Meet went fine all things considered in the lack of attendance. Is this the first time we've had a meet without a native of the state in the place?
Adam Seth Moss

Dougtone

Bennington, perhaps.  I don't believe that we had a Vermont native or Vermont resident at that meet, but I could be wrong.

Alps

Quote from: Dougtone on August 09, 2013, 07:37:20 AM
Bennington, perhaps.  I don't believe that we had a Vermont native or Vermont resident at that meet, but I could be wrong.
No Indianans at Indianapolis.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Duke87 on July 15, 2013, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Brandon on July 14, 2013, 05:19:01 PM

That would be (left to right) Anthony (me), yourself, Daniel, and Adam.

I am also happy to report that I successfully obtained the $5 Adam owed me, thus making the trip worth it. :P
i'm surprised you didn't negotiate up to $11. ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Quote from: Steve on August 09, 2013, 06:48:18 PM
Quote from: Dougtone on August 09, 2013, 07:37:20 AM
No Indianans at Indianapolis.

Brian's dad joined us on Saturday. Wasn't he from the area?

And you misspelled "Hoosiers."  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.