News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Does anyone here play Minecraft?

Started by hotdogPi, August 27, 2013, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

I play Minecraft. One huge thing I have done in Minecraft:

I have made a 25x25 mile area of northeast Massachusetts in Minecraft (about 800x800 blocks). All the routes and some other important roads are there. There are also some buildings, and the signs are accurate. This took over a day of playing time to make.

Does anyone else here play Minecraft, and have you done anything road-related with it?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Zeffy

I own Minecraft for the Xbox 360, and play it somewhat. I did make an Interstate type system around my map though, just for fun. Unfortunately, my friends bought a rather large amount of creepers towards my road... and BOOM.  :ded:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

hotdogPi

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: 1 on August 27, 2013, 10:42:27 AM
I play Minecraft. One huge thing I have done in Minecraft:

I have made a 25x25 mile area of northeast Massachusetts in Minecraft (about 800x800 blocks). All the routes and some other important roads are there. There are also some buildings, and the signs are accurate. This took over a day of playing time to make.

Does anyone else here play Minecraft, and have you done anything road-related with it?

25x25 mile area in 800x800 blocks? Given that any block is a bit over 3 feet long (Exactly one meter), you should need an area of 40,234x40,234 blocks to make that. So obviously you made it to an scale of approx. 1:50.

I tried Minecraft once, but I didn't liked too much.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hotdogPi

I couldn't have made it real size.  :spin:

Also, for the signs, I used different types of brackets.

State route: [28]
US route: {3}
Interstate: (93)

Zeffy

Quote from: 1 on August 27, 2013, 03:18:45 PM
Did they do it on purpose?

I don't think so. The weirdest part was how that many creepers made it onto my on-ramp (my road was elevated). Can't lie, it gave me a reason to put a sign that said "INTERSTATE CLOSED - PLAN ALTERNATE ROUTE" mimicking a VMS.  :)

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

ET21

I've built a smaller scale city with a full hockey and football stadium and some landmarks. I made a couple of Interstates that weave in, around, and out of the city to specific mines.

So far I have I-1, I-111, I-211, I-57, and I-157
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Alex

Have only made minecart lines to various places on my map and color coded them like subway lines. No road things yet, though I saw on a friend's FB feed an image of a double decker freeway in an urban setting done in Minecraft, and plan on trying to replicate that in the near future.

I have both the 360 version and the PC version. The only thing I have really done outside the normal build of random or generic buildings in the PC version is to build a couple sets of Baltimore-style row homes and populate them with villagers (via creative mode).

Sanctimoniously

I have the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. I haven't played it much since I got all the achievements, but I did spend some time making runways and underground minecart lines in creative mode. The map that I got the "On a Rail" achievement on had a pretty cool viaduct system for the minecart line.
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

hotdogPi

I am admin on one server, but got banned on another server for spamming (I wasn't spamming).

I have made a base 15 clock.

My village on the main server I go on has my glass house, several wheat and carrot farms (it was an NPC village), villagers, a farm with lots of animals (including mooshrooms), a horse named GLaDOS, a beacon as the top of the well, and Route 1 and Route 2 connecting to other cities. (This is not the same world that I mentioned earlier.)

Roadsguy

I play the PC version. The closest thing to a freeway I ever built was a huge bridge across a natural lake. Ramps connected it to a road crossing under it that was built long before at the level of the lake. The bridge didn't connect to anything on either end, but I intended once for it to connect two towns that people built.

The server was shut down indefinitely due to host problems before I could finish it. :(
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

KEK Inc.

Just a little bit.  I play on a server my college buddies and I started called Lithoscraft.  I run KEKDOT (KEK Department of Transportation) and the LED (Lithos Electric Department) on our server.   Our server map is here (warning there's some inappropriate stuff built...).

Anno Bridge

KEKDOT Route G155 (the Letters in routes correspond to the continent land mass).  In Minecraft, 1 block is 1 meter.  Due to the scale of the game, travelling 1 km is actually pretty far and encompasses usually at least one whole biome region, so distances on my signs are in hectometers (10^2).

G155 leaving Anno approaching G55.

G55 leaving Anno down the Puyallup Peninsula.  Constructing 350+kV transmission lines parallel to the route (on the left).

Port of Anno

Port of Anno

Anno Ferry

Anno Mainland (Residential & Shopping District)

New Metro City

Nether Expressway and Spawnville Deep-Earth Mining Facility

Spawnville Deep-Earth Mining Facility Road

Spawnville Deep-Earth Mining Facility Road Entrance

Spawnville Deep-Earth Mining Facility Cargo Lift Shaft (to Surface)

Spawnville Deep-Earth Mining Facility Cargo Lift (to Surface)

The Sydney Harbar Bridge 2.0.  (Our server's old admin's Minecraft name was Harbar).  KEKDOT [A155] approaching the Gateway to Australia 2.0.

[A155] approaching the corkscrew.

[A155] approaching the station.

[A155] over the abyss.

Trumpet Interchange between [A35] and [A40]. 

I used to use meters instead of hectometers.

[A40] under Mt. Hamilton near its intersection with [A45].  The shader mod I have has light adjustment, so I decided to add light detectors that would turn off some tunnel lights at the portal depending on how dark it is outside.

West Plains Airport and Nuclear Fission Power Plant Facility.  [A60] is seen between the airport and power plant.

Experimental Horse Hwys in Spawnville

Horse Hwy leaving Spawnville.  LED Substation.

[A60] Spawnport Bridge

[A50] Westbound approaching the Louisiana Lake Viaduct

Speed Limits are accurate based off of minecart speeds.  (27 km/h)

Lousiana Lake Viaduct (Suspension Bridge)

Night-view of LLV.

Spawnville is big enough that its city limits encompass many biomes.  Here's the ski resort.  The large gondola goes to Coney [amusement] Park.

Fidalgo Is. Bridge [B755]

[B755] is a spur of [B55] that services the communities of Skyline and access to ferries to Isla Tropica in the Omega Province. 

Ferry Queue (always closed)

City Limits of Skyline

Intersection

Skyline Depot

KEKDOT Entrance.

The merge on [B755] WB.

Traffic looping back to ferries or Skyline.

The MV KEKKITAT in Isla Tropica.

Take the road less traveled.

ET21

^ I love your downtown buildings design

Clinched:

Zeffy

@KEK Inc: Holy actual f**k. That is amazing.  :)  :clap: How long did it take you to make all of that?  :-o  Just looking at it makes me wish I had the dedication to make a city like that in MineCraft... and then my ADD kicks in and all of a sudden I'm off to fight monsters... damn it.

Another question, is the PC version able to support larger maps then the 360 version? I don't think even the largest world size in the 360 edition could accommodate that masterpiece.

KEK Inc.

Many of the stuff was built with other friends, but the roads were mainly me.  Uh, since the map was made, so 2 years. 

The PC version is a finite map, but it's practically infinite.  Its limits are about 60 million blocks.  We've only explored about 10,000 on our server.  PC is also really customizable.  I have a shader that adds depth of field, dynamic shadows, bloom, bump mapping, reflective water etc.  Basically, it makes my Minecraft look like a modern video game.  :P

Also, the 360 is using Minecraft Beta 1.8.  We're at Minecraft 1.6.2 with horses.  (After Beta 1.8, they released Minecraft 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.).   Next update is going to bring new biomes.

realjd

Quote from: KEK Inc. on August 30, 2013, 01:43:02 PM
Many of the stuff was built with other friends, but the roads were mainly me.  Uh, since the map was made, so 2 years. 

The PC version is a finite map, but it's practically infinite.  Its limits are about 60 million blocks.  We've only explored about 10,000 on our server.  PC is also really customizable.  I have a shader that adds depth of field, dynamic shadows, bloom, bump mapping, reflective water etc.  Basically, it makes my Minecraft look like a modern video game.  :P

Also, the 360 is using Minecraft Beta 1.8.  We're at Minecraft 1.6.2 with horses.  (After Beta 1.8, they released Minecraft 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.).   Next update is going to bring new biomes.

Can you please link to the shader mod?

Also, I sincerely hope that's a creative server...

CNGL-Leudimin

Wow! Awesome expressways, KEK! Don't worry about map limits for now, as map goes all the way to 30 million (Before Beta 1.8, there was strange terrain past 12,550,850 or sth like that. It was called the Far Lands). BTW:

Quote from: KEK Inc. on August 30, 2013, 10:56:26 AMOur server map is here (warning there's some inappropriate stuff built...).

FTFY.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

KEK Inc.

It's survival, but we've abused creative and worldedit plenty for many 'socialized government' projects...  :P 

@ Zeffy:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-162sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-and-glsl-shaders-mod/
http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther?fref=ts

You need to make sure your computer can run it.  I have a beast I built a year ago that can barely run it at 40fps with 1080p.

Zeffy

Quote from: KEK Inc. on August 30, 2013, 05:29:03 PM
It's survival, but we've abused creative and worldedit plenty for many 'socialized government' projects...  :P 

@ Zeffy:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-162sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-and-glsl-shaders-mod/
http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther?fref=ts

You need to make sure your computer can run it.  I have a beast I built a year ago that can barely run it at 40fps with 1080p.

My computer can run ArmA 3 on Medium settings with no lag, so I assume that it can run it.  :-P  Unfortunately, I don't have Minecraft on my PC, so that's my only issue.

Still, your map inspires me to make something.  :-/  However, whether or not that actually happens, is another story.

Bruce

Anyway, the new snapshot for the 1.7 update has been released with new biomes (and biome rules...no more deserts surrounded by snow) as well as a new "summon" command for Command Blocks. With this, you can create working traffic lights, as seen in this Reddit post: /r/Minecraft: Traffic light concept with summon-command

ET21

Clinched:

Zeffy

Quote from: Bruce on September 08, 2013, 01:28:55 AM
Anyway, the new snapshot for the 1.7 update has been released with new biomes (and biome rules...no more deserts surrounded by snow) as well as a new "summon" command for Command Blocks. With this, you can create working traffic lights, as seen in this Reddit post: /r/Minecraft: Traffic light concept with summon-command

Is that the PC version or the Xbox 360 version?

hotdogPi

Quote from: Zeffy on September 08, 2013, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: Bruce on September 08, 2013, 01:28:55 AM

Is that the PC version or the Xbox 360 version?

This is for PC.

KEK Inc.

The XBOX 360 version is a year behind the PC version.

Anywho, here's some screenshots of some horse roads I made.

Hopefully that little parlor trick works with my traffic signals.  A block is a meter cubed, so a 3 meter tall traffic signal looks really silly. 

ET21

Clinched:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.