News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Future TX-LA Road Trip

Started by US71, November 06, 2010, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I have to go down to Texas in a couple weeks on business. I'll be in the Lufkin-Woodville area most of that time. Going down, I won't have a lot of time for sightseeing, but may have a couple days coming home.

Heading down, I usually take US 71 to DeQueen, AR 41/TX 8 to US 59, then swing over to US 69 to head into Woodville (or sometimes US 96 to Jasper.

Last year coming home, I drove US 90 from Beaumont to Lake Charles, then north on 171. I found a couple old alignments of 90 and several newly abandoned sections of 171.  This year, I'm looking for something a little different:

My return routing is tentatively: US 190 from Woodville to US 165 at Kinder, LA, then north to Alexandria.

From there, probably US 71 back to Texarkana (checking on I-49 progress north of Shreveport).

Anyone have information on old alignments, old bridges, etc in the area? Any better roads in the area for exploring?

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.