Roads named after 'Sesame Street' characters

Started by bandit957, June 05, 2022, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEWIGuy

Quote from: GaryV on June 13, 2022, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 12, 2022, 09:21:32 PM
If we're going to expand this to other unusual street names, there's a street in Elkhart County, IN, named Hemlock Court and every time I drive by there I ask myself who would ever buy a house there? I think I'd need a house to be at least 20% below market value before I'd tell my friends, family and employer that I moved to Hemlock Court.
How is that any different than Maple, Oak, Pine, Spruce ...

They named it after the tree, not the poison.

Yeah, there are streets named "Hemlock" all over the place.  There is a "Hemlock Drive" just a few blocks from my house.

kphoger

There is a village in Central Macedonia named Snouphlaouphagos (Σνουφλαουφαγός), which changed its name last year in honor of Mr. Snuffleupagus's 50th birthday.  The road heading west out of town is now called Snouphlaouphagos Provincial Road (Επαρ. Οδ. Σνουφλαουφαγού).

Google Maps link:  https://embedgooglemaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Greece-18.jpg
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

bugo

JustDrive

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: SEWIGuy on June 13, 2022, 12:57:40 PM
Quote from: GaryV on June 13, 2022, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 12, 2022, 09:21:32 PM
If we're going to expand this to other unusual street names, there's a street in Elkhart County, IN, named Hemlock Court and every time I drive by there I ask myself who would ever buy a house there? I think I'd need a house to be at least 20% below market value before I'd tell my friends, family and employer that I moved to Hemlock Court.
How is that any different than Maple, Oak, Pine, Spruce ...

They named it after the tree, not the poison.

Yeah, there are streets named "Hemlock" all over the place.  There is a "Hemlock Drive" just a few blocks from my house.

I recently learned that a locust is also a kind of tree.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

bing101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.