US 11 over Lake Pontchartrain, LA

Started by M3100, June 14, 2020, 01:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

Last year I got a couple of pics of US 11 on Lake Pontchartrain (LA) as seen from I-10.  The two drawbridges were up, with several vehicles parked on the approach areas near the draw.  Is US 11 temporarily or permanently closed in this area?

Duke87

Closed for rehab at the very beginning of 2019 (January 3rd). Was originally only supposed to last a few months but they've kept discovering more problems as they go, causing delay after delay.

Last update from January 2020 was that it would be closed "until summer". But that was pre-covid so who knows at this point. As of today it's still closed.

Nonetheless, no, the closure is not permanent. They will reopen it eventually once they finish fixing it.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

cjk374

That bridge has 50 mph speed limit, and it is a really fun drive. I highly recommend it!
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Duke87

For those keeping score... as of July there was an update saying the work was delayed further and so the bridge would remain closed "until fall".

And, yup, still closed as of today. Google lists it as closed "until 2030"  :-D
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

MCRoads

Quote from: Duke87 on October 18, 2020, 04:23:29 PM
For those keeping score... as of July there was an update saying the work was delayed further and so the bridge would remain closed "until fall".

And, yup, still closed as of today. Google lists it as closed "until 2030"  :-D
Probably a typo, but it might be accurate...
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

BridgesToIdealism

I noticed the "Closed until 2030" a while ago, and I broke up laughing since I knew that it can't be true (or even if it ultimately ends up being true, there's no way that anybody knows that now). It's just how Google is choosing to indicate an indefinite closure.
Matthew Wong; University of Indianapolis Class of 2024

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.