News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

TV shows you watched to the end that everyone else stopped watching

Started by texaskdog, May 18, 2021, 02:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: kevinb1994 on May 19, 2021, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 19, 2021, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on May 18, 2021, 08:25:47 AM
adventure time.

say whatever you want about a 51 year old dude that watches cartoons. i've heard it all.

Very enjoyable show from the few that I've seen.  No judgment here!
It's not very often that you will find something like that show that transcends generations. Some shows can be a product of their time.

see and a lot of people don't get that.. on the surface, it seemed like a kids show but after i started watching it.. some of it gets kinda deep.. like, it was an ongoing story that you could watch any part of and find something cool in it.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: roadman65 on May 19, 2021, 10:42:21 PM
Quote from: Skye on May 19, 2021, 09:20:35 PM
I don't know what counts as "everyone else stopped watching" but...
Law & Order
Supernatural
Heroes
Veronica Mars
The Gifted
Revolution

And one show that's still on, has had major dips in ratings, but I am still watching and still going to watch...
Batwoman

I think a lot had to do with Jerry Orbach leaving the show and then passing on.  His character of Lennie Briscoe is what kept the show alive.He was a well know stage and TV actor before Law & Order.

It still blows my mind to this day that the same person played the best damn detective on TV and a French-speaking candelabra.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Takumi on May 19, 2021, 11:52:20 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 19, 2021, 06:01:37 PM
Law & Order plots were already stale by the end of the 90s.  How that show not only continued on but spawned a bunch of spinoffs is beyond me.
I always figured it's because that's the show old people were falling asleep to.
They started making (some, not all) the backdrops based on current events, something SVU still does to this day.

But they were doing that 20 years ago already.  Every other week, the promo was "Ripped from the headlines...."
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Scott5114

I'm a little surprised they put "ripped from the headlines" in their actual promos. Whenever I create content based on a current event I always kind of whistle innocently and hope nobody calls me on stealing an idea from real life instead of coming up with my own plot...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.