News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Highway 411 in Tennessee.

Started by bicyclehazard, August 14, 2023, 06:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bicyclehazard

Some time around 2010 I proved to the legal department of the United States Postal Service that substandard construction on highway 411 had caused the crash of at least 8 postal vehicles which is a violation of the postal road clause of the United States constitution. To my surprise the highway department listened to me the post office and the Amish who live along that route. The road has been widened from 2 very bad lanes to 5 lanes with wide shoulders along most of the route from Maryville to the Georgia border. The Amish love the shoulders with their horses and wagons and I love them as a cyclist. I expect them to open up shops along the route.

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

If it makes you feel like a badass thinking you "forced them" to do what they were going to do anyway, you do you.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bicyclehazard on August 14, 2023, 06:43:09 PM
Some time around 2010 I proved to the legal department of the United States Postal Service that substandard construction on highway 411 had caused the crash of at least 8 postal vehicles which is a violation of the postal road clause of the United States constitution. To my surprise the highway department listened to me the post office and the Amish who live along that route. The road has been widened from 2 very bad lanes to 5 lanes with wide shoulders along most of the route from Maryville to the Georgia border. The Amish love the shoulders with their horses and wagons and I love them as a cyclist. I expect them to open up shops along the route.

I met found your kindred spirit since your last forum experience.  I'm sure the two of you would have lots of shop talk stories to share:

https://www.facebook.com/letsrideIL?mibextid=LQQJ4d

Fredddie

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 14, 2023, 11:16:45 PM

I met found your kindred spirit since your last forum experience.  I'm sure the two of you would have lots of shop talk stories to share:

https://www.facebook.com/letsrideIL?mibextid=LQQJ4d

hbelkins

That would be a nice alternative to I-75 -- and indeed, I have driven it a couple of times for just such a purpose -- if not for all those 45 mph speed zones. That road could be safely posted at 60 or 65 for most of its length, but Tennessee has a thing for underposting five-lane roads at 45 or 55.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Mapmikey

The post office part of the constitution *authorizes* Congress to establish a postal service, postal roads, safe transit, etc.  It does not *mandate* any of those things.

Congress can abolish the Postal Service at any time if it chose to do so.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Mapmikey on August 16, 2023, 07:37:07 AM
The post office part of the constitution *authorizes* Congress to establish a postal service, postal roads, safe transit, etc.  It does not *mandate* any of those things.

Congress can abolish the Postal Service at any time if it chose to do so.

You mean to say that the deranged bicycle enthusiast might not have a firm grasp on what Federal legalization actually means?  I'm shocked, I don't know what to think?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.