News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Ideas for a beach trip next year

Started by Dough4872, October 29, 2023, 12:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dough4872

I wanted some ideas for a beach trip next year. I live near Philadelphia and want to go to the beach but do not want to go to the Jersey Shore. I am deciding between Long Island, NY, Rehoboth Beach, DE, Ocean City, MD, and Virginia Beach, VA, as to where to go. Which of those four options is the best for a beach vacation?

Rothman

Quote from: Dough4872 on October 29, 2023, 12:31:25 AM
I wanted some ideas for a beach trip next year. I live near Philadelphia and want to go to the beach but do not want to go to the Jersey Shore. I am deciding between Long Island, NY, Rehoboth Beach, DE, Ocean City, MD, and Virginia Beach, VA, as to where to go. Which of those four options is the best for a beach vacation?

Do you like beaches crammed with amusement attractions or do you want the beach to yourself?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Hunty2022

I chose Ocean City, MD for my main vacation this year. It is one of the best places you can go for a vacation.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

hotdogPi

Without a car, how are you going to get to Rehoboth Beach or Ocean City? Neither Amtrak nor Greyhound go there.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Dough4872

Quote from: 1 on October 29, 2023, 08:45:42 AM
Without a car, how are you going to get to Rehoboth Beach or Ocean City? Neither Amtrak nor Greyhound go there.

There is a DART bus from Wilmington to Rehoboth Beach that runs on summer weekends, the 305. From there, there are connections to other DART Beach Bus routes including the 208 which goes to Ocean City, MD and connects to the Ocean City Beach Bus.

Dough4872

Quote from: Rothman on October 29, 2023, 07:54:34 AM

Do you like beaches crammed with amusement attractions or do you want the beach to yourself?

I would like to go to a beach with things to do including restaurants, nightlife, and a boardwalk

Rothman

Quote from: Dough4872 on October 29, 2023, 08:56:17 AM
Quote from: Rothman on October 29, 2023, 07:54:34 AM

I would like to go to a beach with things to do including restaurants, nightlife, and a boardwalk
Ocean City or Rehoboth, then.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Hunty2022

Also weren't you at VA Beach a couple months ago?
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Dough4872

Quote from: Hunty2022 on October 29, 2023, 01:21:26 PM
Also weren't you at VA Beach a couple months ago?

Yes I was, it was nice there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.