News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Favorite crew to call NFL football games

Started by cjk374, January 07, 2018, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite play-by-play color commentators for NFL games

Joe Buck/Troy Aikman
Jim Nantz/Tony Romo
Pat Summerall/JohnMadden
Al Michaels/Chris Collinsworth
Frank Gifford/Howard Cosell/"Dandy" Don Meridith
Others (add in thread)

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Henry on January 23, 2018, 10:33:41 AM
and the fact that they keep playing the NFL theme on their baseball telecasts (what was wrong to the old theme? It was miles better than the current out-of-place song, though I like the marching-band variants for their college telecasts).

My thoughts exactly.  At least they still use the 'right' one on Fox Sports WI
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Buck87

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 24, 2018, 02:29:03 PM
Quote from: Henry on January 23, 2018, 10:33:41 AM
and the fact that they keep playing the NFL theme on their baseball telecasts (what was wrong to the old theme? It was miles better than the current out-of-place song, though I like the marching-band variants for their college telecasts).

My thoughts exactly.  At least they still use the 'right' one on Fox Sports WI

They still use the 'right' one on Fox Sports Ohio and Sports Time Ohio as well, so I would imagine that all the Fox regional networks use the baseball one and that the football one is only used for national baseball games on the Fox network channel.

Though of course, all of the Fox regional networks have recently been acquired by ESPN, so the familiar Fox baseball theme will likely be gone for good this year.

slorydn1

Quote from: dvferyance on January 17, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
I like Jerry Glanville after all he is they guy who traded away Brett Favre.

NFL means Not For Long if you keep making calls like that, lol. Good ole Jerry Glanville.

I voted too quickly without actually reading the choices. I first thought we were talking about current crews. I would have voted Summerall/Madden if I had been paying attention.

I can still hear Summerall saying late in the 4th quarter "For those of you on the east coast 60 Minutes will be shown in its entirety followed by 'Murder, She Wrote'." I really don't remember the TV show that well, but I sure remember Summerall saying the name every week.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

jeffandnicole

I was at the Eagles/Vikings game so I didn't have to listen to any announcers.

The NFL Network did have a 1 hour summary of the game the other night, simply taking clips of the broadcast.  I thought Buck/Aikman actually did a pretty good job with that game (well, I mostly heard Buck).  Usually, they are very anti-Eagles.

texaskdog

I wish TV announcers didn't have to CONSTANTLY talk.  You'd think they were on the radio.  If I can see it, you don't have to say it.  People go to live events and do just fine without commentary.

SectorZ

Why was Romo so good in the regular season, yet in the past two games was a mess. Has nothing to do with the Patriots, because he called three regular season games with them and was fantastic. I guess he's going to suck in the postseason as a broadcaster, too.

cjk374

Quote from: SectorZ on January 26, 2018, 02:49:37 PM
Why was Romo so good in the regular season, yet in the past two games was a mess.

Mimicking his quarterback career maybe?  :-D  :bigass:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.