News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 09:08:46 AM
If I were a Falcons fan, I'd be pissed. Thankfully I think my Vikes had a good night.
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 23, 2024, 12:54:37 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 17, 2024, 12:41:07 PMAnd the Lakers "won" the right to get swept by the Nuggets for the second consecutive year.

Mmmhmmm.

Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm.
Traffic Control / Re: The road sign city name ph...
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:39:01 AM
Goshen (VA) -> Nellieburg (MS)

Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by ran4sh - Today at 08:23:32 AM
It is, but in the MUTCD figure the "exit only" panels are much closer to the arrows than they are on that sign.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:11:24 AM
Maryland 482:

Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by ARMOURERERIC - Today at 06:47:49 AM
I was always told that DDI's were for when cross road traffic was heavily turning left to get on the freeway ramps.
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 06:28:00 AM
Quote from: webny99 on April 25, 2024, 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on April 25, 2024, 08:36:11 PMNew England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.

A bummer for the rest of the AFC East.

Falcons selecting Michael Penix Jr at #8 overall is the most surprising QB pick since Daniel Jones.

This draft has definitely made history opening with 14 straight offensive players, not to mention the record-setting 6 QB's in the first 12 picks.

6 QB's gone before the Raiders picked at #13 was definitely not something anyone had mocked and they would have been laughed off the street if they had. There was plenty of talk of Bo Nix falling out of the first round entirely like Will Levis, while hardly anyone considered that he might go as early as #12. Also since there were only 6 potential first round QB's, there was some extra petty motivation for the Broncos to take the last one to stick it to the Raiders. They still got a good player in Brock Bowers, but you can bet they're disappointed all 6 QB's were gone.

I was also surprised that the Falcons selected Penix. I wonder what their rationale is.
Closures happening this weekend. Seems like beams are getting installed for the flyover ramp.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHDOT/bulletins/398b6a9
Off-Topic / Re: My idea for US currency re...
Last post by Big John - Today at 04:03:55 AM
Quote from: Road Hog on Today at 02:32:28 AMDo away with the dollar bill and a U.S."loonie" will fly. That's the only change I would recommend, having handled British and Euro money in the past. The U.S. twice rolled out dollar coins and they flopped mightily.
I count more than 2 times, unless you are bundling.

Morgan dollar (silver)
Peace Dollar
Eisenhower dollar'
Susan B Anthony dollar
Sacagawea dollar
Presidental series
a few in-betweens, hard to document.
Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by sprjus4 - Today at 03:09:26 AM
^ Is the "Exit Only" signage necessary? I feel like it adds unnecessary spacing.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.