Regional Boards > Northeast

New York State Thruway

<< < (504/512) > >>

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: Alps on October 26, 2021, 06:43:23 PM ---Click on it, and as soon as you see the title text, hit Ctrl+A C. That selects all and then copies it before the paywall rushes in to ruin the view. Paste it in Notepad, Word, etc. and you can read the text.

--- End quote ---

Or, to the chagrin of the Missouri governor, use "inspect element" to manually delete out the boxes blocking the view; typically scrolling can be restored by deleting any parts of code with "overflow:hidden".

Roadgeek Adam:
Off topic, but the rubble pile they left at the Ripley (61) toll barrier is gone, replaced by high hill of grass and dirt.

The tandem lots are now well signed. Unfortunately, the flasher for a "toll booth" is still there going EB and they are still flashing for no reason. They are also repaving the Thruway through there, like the booths on the exits.

02 Park Ave:

--- Quote from: kalvado on October 26, 2021, 01:38:19 PM ---Something happened with Castleton Bridge (one connecting exit 21A to B1-B3):
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Castleton-Bridge-closed-westbound-for-emergency-16565304.php
Lets hope it is something small, not another "bridge closed for a few months, thanks god it didn't collapse" type of problem.

--- End quote ---

The bridge was reopened at 4:30 this afternoon to westbound traffic.

vdeane:
I was on most of free 90 today, and the VMS on I-90 west in Rensselaer County did indeed indicate I-90->I-787 as the official detour.  Also, it's amazing how many trucks there were out on the road.  It's easy to think of the Castleton-on-Hudson Bridge as not being used much, but trucks clearly use it (also, dealing with tandems on non-Thruway roads is weird).

webny99:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 27, 2021, 09:24:39 PM ---I was on most of free 90 today, and the VMS on I-90 west in Rensselaer County did indeed indicate I-90->I-787 as the official detour.  Also, it's amazing how many trucks there were out on the road.  It's easy to think of the Castleton-on-Hudson Bridge as not being used much, but trucks clearly use it (also, dealing with tandems on non-Thruway roads is weird).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, the Castleton-on-Hudson always seems to have a lot of truck traffic every time I've been on it (most recently last month). I would imagine trucks are far more likely to opt for that route over free I-90, while it's probably closer to 50/50 among car traffic (not to mention the trucks crossing the Hudson and heading south on I-87.. I'm sure there's plenty of those as well).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version