News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Grand Rapids, MI

Started by adwerkema, April 23, 2018, 04:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adwerkema

Hi all,

I've been perusing AARoads Forum for quite some time and figured I should make an account. I've been a road geek since the young age of 7 and am probably even more of one today. Looking forward to some great conversations on the forum!

adventurernumber1

Welcome from Dalton, Georgia!  :wave:

I must tell ya, I really love your avatar on here (a state-named Michigan Interstate Highway shield with the shape of the state of Michigan inside (including both LP and UP).

I am looking forward to seeing your posts and contributions, and I will see you around on the forum!  :nod:  :wave:

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Welcome from currently sunny Wisconsin!
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

webny99

Welcome to the forum from Upstate NY  :wave:
I also noticed, and am a big fan of, your avatar. It's certainly one of the more unique ones I've seen!

Upstate NY is enjoying crystal clear, starlit skies right now (since mentioning your weather in your welcome message seems to be the thing to do around here - I have no idea why, but it's definitely a "thing" :sombrero:)

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Welcome to the boards from the Natural State of Arkansas!

Are you with the NWS by chance?

Hope to see you around!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

adwerkema

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on April 23, 2018, 06:57:57 PM
I must tell ya, I really love your avatar on here (a state-named Michigan Interstate Highway shield with the shape of the state of Michigan inside (including both LP and UP).
Quote from: webny99 on April 23, 2018, 09:08:27 PM
I also noticed, and am a big fan of, your avatar. It's certainly one of the more unique ones I've seen!

Thanks for the kind words! I spent a while looking for an avatar and am glad I found this one  :D

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2018, 09:52:07 PM
Welcome to the boards from the Natural State of Arkansas!
Are you with the NWS by chance?

I'm currently a college student pursuing a meteorology degree. Perhaps one day, though!

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: adwerkema on April 23, 2018, 09:58:58 PM

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2018, 09:52:07 PM
[...]

I'm currently a college student pursuing a meteorology degree. Perhaps one day, though!
I hear they intern, and all you have to do is be enrolled in a meteorological based program. (paraphrased of course!), just some food for thought. The reason I say this is because I have been to the NWS office in North Little Rock on a shadow day.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Flint1979

Hurricane Rex

Welcome from a future Meteorology student out west!

Edit: and an injured runner
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

slorydn1

Welcome from eastern NC!

I spent the first 9 years of my life in the Grand Rapids area (Jenison). I left there in the summer of 1979.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

adwerkema

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 24, 2018, 02:16:59 AM
Welcome from a future Meteorology student out west!

Edit: and an injured runner

A road geek, weather enthusiast, and runner! You're awesome.

MantyMadTown

Forget the I-41 haters

Jordanes

Hello! I was just in Kalamazoo on Sunday.
Clinched 2di:
4, 5, 12, 16, 22, 24, 26, 35, 39, 40, 44, 59, 64, 65, 66, 68, 70, 72, 73, 74 (both), 75, 76 (both), 78, 79, 81, 82, 83, 84 (both), 85, 86 (both), 87, 88 (both), 89, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99

Almost clinched (less than 100 miles):
20, 30, 43, 45, 49, 55, 57, 71, 77, 80, 90, 91

paulthemapguy

I was a roadgeek starting from a similar age.  I was drawing out my own ideas for roadway networks and geometry since I was 5 or 6.  I haven't given up my penchant for doing that, either!  (Especially when Cities: Skylines exists.)  Welcome to the forum!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.