VDOT Incident Management Open House Nov. 10 Fairfax, Virginia

Started by cpzilliacus, October 29, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

NOTE: This event is appropriate for children!

The VDOT event will be held on  Saturday, November 10, from 10 AM to 2 PM.

There is an indoor component to the event too, which will take place in the VDOT Northern Virginia District office located at this location.

Details on the Open House can be found at the link below:
http://www.virginiadot.org/newsroom/northern_virginia/2018/vdot_hosts_incident_management135403.asp?fbclid=IwAR0AlC1D4oTh6C4PTltjsfwVi5ZI3Uk5_0HCNTK6bRd1myt4GLJvCz0GDEw

If you intend to come, please register (no charge) at this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/incident-management-open-house-tickets-38465028937

After the Open House, if there is interest, we can take a self-guided tour of two construction projects nearby:

(1) I-66 HOV/Toll Lanes (outside the Capital Beltway); and
(2) Reconstruction of the Arlington Memorial Bridge (crossing the Potomac River between Columbia Island (in D.C.) and the Lincoln Memorial (also in D.C.).
(3) A post-meet dinner stop in Arlington County, Virginia is also under consideration.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cl94

I wish. That being said, I'm going to follow this thing so I can learn what the best ways to see the two projects are. I'm going to be down in the area for TRB and I plan to do some roadgeeking on my way home (that takes me on Skyline Drive, but that's beside the point).
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

cpzilliacus

Quote from: cl94 on October 29, 2018, 12:05:10 PM(that takes me on Skyline Drive, but that's beside the point).

If the weather is snowy or icy, there is a fairly high probability that Skyline Drive will be closed (check the Shenandoah National Park Web site before you head that way).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cl94

Quote from: cpzilliacus on November 01, 2018, 09:46:32 PM
If the weather is snowy or icy, there is a fairly high probability that Skyline Drive will be closed (check the Shenandoah National Park Web site before you head that way).

Yeah, I have a backup plan involving US 340 and US 522 in the event of inclement weather. A backup for THAT, too, in case weather is particularly bad.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Alps

I'm here. It's huge. I'll hang out by the food trucks or something.

74/171FAN

I just thought about this again right this second.  At least this was not on the forefront of my mind unlike Kingston was before I backed out.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.