National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

2021 meets

(1/21) > >>

A.J. Bertin:
We're now down to the last three months of 2020 and getting closer to the end of this horrible year.  Even though the COVID pandemic has wrought havoc on everyone's lives and has prompted some slight changes to how road meets are handled, many of us have still been able to attend or host some great road meets throughout 2020... although perhaps fewer than in recent years.  (And yes... some meets have been postponed... but "postponed" is better than "cancelled"... right?)  Let's see what the upcoming months will bring in terms of a vaccine and any kind of herd immunity against this awful virus.

I thought I would once again start a list of road meets that are being considered for the upcoming year.  Here are the meets I've heard about that are on the docket for 2021:

* Outer Banks NC "city meet" - April 24
* Quad Cities (IA/IL) - June 19
* Durham (NC) East End Connector - July 17
* Wilmington DE - July 17
* Cleveland OH - August 28
* Plattsburgh/Clinton County NY - August or September?
* Onondaga County NY (mini-meet) - September 5
* West Irondequoit NY - September 25
* San Antonio TX - October 2
* Atlantic Beach NY (mini-meet) - October 9?
* Cumberland MD - October?
* Jackson MI - fall?
* Oneonta NY - fall?
* Elgin/Schaumburg IL - November 13Of course, who knows what this pandemic will bring in 2021... but I'm trying to be optimistic.  Am I forgetting any meets that have been mentioned as possibilities?

--sso 9/1/2021 fixed tags

Takumi:
I’ve been kicking around the idea of a Powhatan County, VA mini meet for a few months now, but I may wait a few more years on that until the planned improvements for US 60 between US 522 and the Chesterfield line are either underway or done. There are some interesting bridges scattered around the county, and secondary route 711 was recently widened to four lanes all the way to VA 288. Plus US 522 ends at US 60 in the county.

Max Rockatansky:
Being out in the middle of nowhere California it's hard to come by a meet that has been really feasible to attend given my wife and I tend to be usually spending our vacations knocking out National Parks.  That said, I'm always game for a mini-meet if someone is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains or Big Sur.

Dougtone:
I've been toying with the idea of an Oneonta, NY area meet (basically around Otsego and northern Delaware Counties), possibly for the fall of 2021, but it's quite possible that I would push that back to 2022.

baugh17:

--- Quote from: Dougtone on October 02, 2020, 07:38:22 PM ---I've been toying with the idea of an Oneonta, NY area meet (basically around Otsego and northern Delaware Counties), possibly for the fall of 2021, but it's quite possible that I would push that back to 2022.

--- End quote ---

My cousins own a restaurant in Walton.  Just sayin'.  ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version