National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Possible Natchez, MS meet in March 2022??

<< < (8/11) > >>

A.J. Bertin:
Jess announced in the 2022 meet ideas thread that March 19 is the official date of this meet.  I submitted my time-off request from work for the days off I need for the drive down from Michigan and the drive back, and my request was approved so I'm pretty much planning on attending at this point.  :)

cjk374:
I apologize for the "radio silence" I have been doing for this meet. I have been waiting for recent virus numbers to come out to see if it would be a bad idea to have the meet. Here are a couple of maps and web pages I have found:

For MS, look for Adams County:  https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/scripts/FullScreen.cfm?itemLink=https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiM2JhNmFkMzUtYTg2NS00ZTA1LTk2NzYtYTk1NWFiOTQ0YWIyIiwidCI6IjU1OTA0MmRjLThiZjAtNGQ4Ni05ZmMwLWZiZjRjNzUwM2M3OSJ9&windowHeight=1041&widthPercent=135

For LA, look for Concordia Parish:  https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/louisiana

The northern half of Mississippi appears to be the hottest part of the state.....and so does Adams County. Louisiana's numbers don't seem as bad, but Concordia Parish is not exactly the "coldest" parish in the state. Then you have this new variant showing up just in time to piss me off. Alas, I have no control over planet Earth, so we will just have to roll with the punches.

I will say that this meet is still a go. Please reread what I posted above about the political climates for the area, as nothing has really changed. As far as mask wearing by the general public, it seems like it's 60/40 wearing masks to 50/50. I will mandate nothing specific for this meet. We can each act on our own accords. If you wanna wear a mask, please do. If you don't want to, that will be fine. I will have enough going on trying to keep the meet flowing smoothly, and I ain't gonna be policing masks vs no masks or vax vs no vax. We are all responsible adults, and I pray that we can all act as such.

Now that being said, how many of y'all still plan on attending. I see AJ has taken time off to come. How many more will there be? I have no written itinerary as of yet, but knowing all the places I have in mind to drive, it may not be that long of a tour. I still need to work out the exact route, but I know where things are.

oscar:
Count me as a "likely". The main thing that could change that is a family or other scheduling conflict coming up between now and then.

The virus situation is not yet concerning to me. I travelled extensively last year, including through many southern states, long before I was fully vaccinated in April 2021 and got my booster shot in October, and came away unscathed. So it would take a lot to keep me home.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: oscar on December 04, 2021, 07:26:32 PM ---Count me as a "likely". The main thing that could change that is a family or other scheduling conflict coming up between now and then.

The virus situation is not yet concerning to me. I travelled extensively last year, including through many southern states, long before I was fully vaccinated in April 2021 and got my booster shot in October, and came away unscathed. So it would take a lot to keep me home.

--- End quote ---
Wonder if the people we come in contact with did as well.

oscar:

--- Quote from: Rothman on December 04, 2021, 08:11:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: oscar on December 04, 2021, 07:26:32 PM ---The virus situation is not yet concerning to me. I travelled extensively last year, including through many southern states, long before I was fully vaccinated in April 2021 and got my booster shot in October, and came away unscathed. So it would take a lot to keep me home.

--- End quote ---
Wonder if the people we come in contact with did as well.

--- End quote ---

Speaking just for myself, really unlikely. AFAIK I've never been infected, and with my medical vulnerabilities I would've noticed if I had been. Certainly Canada was satisfied, through the PCR test I obtained just before crossing the border and my proof of full vaccination, that its people wouldn't catch the virus from me during my visit there in October.

Speculation about roadgeek travels spreading Covid-19, despite best efforts to keep that from happening, is not helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version