News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Third times a charm?

Started by Zeffy, March 25, 2021, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeffy

Quote from: ozarkman417 on March 27, 2021, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on March 27, 2021, 12:31:24 PM
I can't remember what my position was a few years back. That's how bad my memory has gotten. It was global mod-ish I think.

Yes- You were Global Mod. Maybe your memory isn't as bad as you thought. I joined here in 2019, so I wouldn't have known that if it were not for the wayback machine, from 2015:

Glad to know my memory hasn't totally imploded upon itself! Now I remember it a bit. I think that's why I still have my custom title as well.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Mr. Matté

Glad to see you're back. And just in time- the 206 bypass is finally going to open!  :)

Zeffy

Quote from: Mr. Matté on March 27, 2021, 04:42:11 PM
Glad to see you're back. And just in time- the 206 bypass is finally going to open!  :)

Haha, I was up there about a few months ago and was like "wow this is different" - except the bypass wasn't fully opened.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Alex

Quote from: ozarkman417 on March 27, 2021, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on March 27, 2021, 12:31:24 PM
I can't remember what my position was a few years back. That's how bad my memory has gotten. It was global mod-ish I think.

Yes- You were Global Mod. Maybe your memory isn't as bad as you thought. I joined here in 2019, so I wouldn't have known that if it were not for the wayback machine, from 2015:

You were a Global Mod in 2015, and were a site contributor before and after that.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Zeffy on March 25, 2021, 09:29:27 AM
Good grief, I can't believe I'm posting another one of these welcome threads.

Anyways, from what I remember, I posted another thread about 2 years ago. Then I disappeared. I'm posting another one now because if I could begin to tell you guys how many things have changed since that welcome post, I'd need to write a novel. But I'm back, hopefully I'll be able to stick around more.

Last year was, to put it lightly, probably the worst year I've had in my life. This year has only been marginally better. Unfortunately, my stubbornness to fix my mental health problems in the past came around last year and bit me HARD in the rear end. Honestly, it sucks. I'm coming back because I need ways to keep myself busy and honestly I miss interacting with this place. Also, since I'm working from home indefinitely now, it's a good way to pass free time.

It seems so foreign to me that I've been a member of this site for 8 years now. I'm glad to see many familiar names are still active as ever on this forum.

But anyways, I'm just glad to be back here. I have lots of catching up to do, that's for sure!

Welcome back!  :wave:

I, too, have been largely inactive for a while now, but I hope to become more active again soon. 2020 was a difficult year for me as well, although I am fortunate that it was not worse (in comparison to previous years in my life). I got a little too comfortable in my shoes and took remission for granted, as my psychosis has now relapsed. I wasn't diligent enough with my medication back in the Fall in an effort to be more productive with school (with which I am very bad at procrastinating), and I was constantly pulling 36-40 hour days, but that proved to be a mistake. I'm slowly on the way to recovery, but it's been a long few months. But even with that said, I have high hopes for 2021. Starting off merely as a continuation of 2020, I have faith that perhaps as the year progresses it can get much better. Only time will tell, and as these past couple of years have shown, history is wildly unpredictable, but I still think we can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keeping yourself busy is definitely key, that is what I have learned more than ever in recent months. I try not to let myself sit idle for too long so my mind doesn't start chipping away. Paradoxically, I often find it hard to motivate myself to tend to the more pressing responsibilities such as school, but at the very least I have kept myself immensely busy recreation-wise. Lately I have also been taking a ton of road-trips on Google Maps Street View, and listening to lots of good music. I definitely hope to become more active on the forum again, but I have waited until a computer situation that would make it easier to post more often, and now I have a new laptop which should help (although technically I can still post on my phone, which is where I type this right now).

But it is great to see you again, and I hope that the coming weeks and months are much better for you. I'll see you around on the forum, and I have certainly got a lot of catching up to do as well.  :biggrin:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: ET21 on May 10, 2021, 04:47:37 PM
Welcome back!
Hate to break it to you but I think he quit again.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JoePCool14

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 10, 2021, 04:50:36 PM
Welcome back!

Nonetheless, hopefully he'll be back again.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 10, 2021, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 10, 2021, 04:50:36 PM
Welcome back!

Nonetheless, hopefully he'll be back again.
He might just be busy with life.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.