News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

It's taken me a million years...

Started by 6a, July 26, 2010, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6a

...to realize this site had a forum.  I've been a faithful AARoads nerd for years, it filled in for the times I didn't have a camera handy and for when I wanted to learn about the highways of a city I'd just moved to.  Now I'm the new guy on a site I've been reading forever.  :crazy:

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Scott5114

It's okay–we've only been here for two years or so! :D
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

6a

Quote from: osu-lsu on July 26, 2010, 10:29:44 PM
What brought you to C-bus?
I was actually born here, moved around for 12 years, got tired of the life and moved back.  Call me crazy, but this is home.  I love it here.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: 6a on July 27, 2010, 04:38:44 AM
Quote from: osu-lsu on July 26, 2010, 10:29:44 PM
What brought you to C-bus?
I was actually born here, moved around for 12 years, got tired of the life and moved back.  Call me crazy, but this is home.  I love it here.
Understand the sentiment after spending 5 years in Baton Rouge after 29 in Columbus/Cleveland.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Truvelo

Quote from: 6a on July 26, 2010, 09:43:24 PM
...to realize this site had a forum.

I've also been using this site for a number of years before the forum was launched. I can't remember exactly how I found the forum.

As for Mid-Ohio, it's also one of my favorite parts of the US. I go to a show in Springfield each November. This will be my fifth successive year. Each time I go I've driven a different route including going through the center of Columbus on a Friday afternoon and not hitting a line of stationary traffic. Columbus' freeway system is among the best I've driven as both the inner and outer belts are complete unlike a lot of cities.
Speed limits limit life

6a

I moved away from here in the late 1990's and the saying was "you can get anywhere in town in 20 minutes."  When I returned here in 2008, that was still largely true, with some exceptions.  At first it pissed off my wife when I would take different routes to and from a destination, as she was trying to learn the city.  Once she figured out that there are a half dozen ways to get anywhere here she took it as a challenge.

ctsignguy

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.