News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Long time lurker, first time poster

Started by DRMan, July 28, 2010, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRMan

Hi, my name is Dave.  I was a roadgeek long before I knew there was such a thing.  As a kid from a small town in Western Mass., I was always thrilled by our family's vacation trips on the Mass Pike, New York State Thruway, and especially the Garden State Parkway with its express-local configuration.  It was a far cry from the two-lane roads of the Berkshires.

I've enjoyed AARoads for some time now.  It was cool to be able to check out San Francisco's freeways before driving there.  And it's cool to have an escape -- like taking a roadtrip without leaving home!

xcellntbuy

I am originally from Columbia County, NY.

You will find this is a wonderful roads forum.  LOTS of good information and VERY knowledgeable contributors. :clap:

mightyace

Hi from a transplanted Pennsylvanian now in Tennessee via Maryland and Ohio.  I had similar experiences to your on MassPike, etc. on the Pennsy Turnpike back in the 70s.  The ticket system interested me, the service plazas (back then you could still get some basic car service done!) and the narrow right of way compared to I-80 which I grew up near.

Quote from: xcellntbuy on July 28, 2010, 09:52:24 PM
and VERY knowledgeable contributors.

And the rest of us just post anyway.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Ian

Greetings from sunny Philadelphia 8)

I see you live in New Hampshire (with one of the cool looking NH Turnpike shields). I love that place! Our family has had a lake house on Winnipesaukee since the 1950s. And which part of the Berkshires are you from? I know my grandmother grew up in Pittsfield.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

DRMan

Quote from: PennDOTFan on July 28, 2010, 10:17:05 PM
Greetings from sunny Philadelphia 8)

I see you live in New Hampshire (with one of the cool looking NH Turnpike shields). I love that place! Our family has had a lake house on Winnipesaukee since the 1950s. And which part of the Berkshires are you from? I know my grandmother grew up in Pittsfield.

My hometown is also Pittsfield.  Things are quite a bit different today as they try to transition from being a GE town to more of an arts destination.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.