News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

RI Question

Started by Ian, April 08, 2009, 06:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

:wave:

I have a question. Is there any more of those older freeway signs on I-95 in Rhode Island? Im gonna be passin through there and I'd like to get some photos if they are still there. So, are there?

Thanks!
-i
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

What style of signs to which you refer?

The Interstate 195 relocation project (is that done yet?) claimed some of the original ones, and if its completed by now, then they are likely gone from the freeway mainlines.

I am unsure about the surface streets and Andy and I are still sitting on a pile of photos from July 2007 of all of the freeways...

Ian

Doesnt matter on the style. I just want to know if there are any on I-95.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

A few in downtown Providence still are old.  The NB sign for US 1A (800 ft) is still button copy, even!  But most of the other ones are gone.  I-295's are almost all gone too but I believe a few didn't get picked up (the ones with the mixed distance/sequential).  Possibly many.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.