News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-12 Widening neat Satsuma, LA

Started by rlb2024, March 15, 2018, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlb2024

Any word on what is happening with the project to widen I-12 around the Satsuma interchange (roughly mile markers 18 to 21)?  I've been through there a couple of times during the past few weeks and it doesn't look like there is any work going on at all. The LA DOTD website still says that the project should finish this spring, but there is no way.

jbnv

I suspect weather delays. I commute right through that area every day and I agree, I don't see any progress.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

rlb2024

Now that I think about it, it may have something to do with the issue (and lawsuits) with water being held up by the center divider in the Denham Springs area that likely contributed to flooding in 2016.  Seems like I heard they are redesigning the dividers in this new-construction area to allow water to flow underneath the divider -- which is not possible with the other widened areas of I-12.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.