News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Old songs you can't identify

Started by bandit957, November 04, 2019, 10:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlsterner

Quote from: bandit957 on August 10, 2022, 11:41:58 PM
Anyone remember an Elton John song that they played some on the radio but apparently wasn't released a single? I think it was from the mid-'70s. I have no idea what it was called.

As I recall there were a bunch of them.  Can think of about a half dozen right off the bat.  Recall any clues, like a lyric snippet, whether fast or slow, etc?

bandit957

Quote from: dlsterner on August 11, 2022, 02:15:23 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on August 10, 2022, 11:41:58 PM
Anyone remember an Elton John song that they played some on the radio but apparently wasn't released a single? I think it was from the mid-'70s. I have no idea what it was called.

As I recall there were a bunch of them.  Can think of about a half dozen right off the bat.  Recall any clues, like a lyric snippet, whether fast or slow, etc?

It was a faster song, and I remember it started out with a piano being played really fast.

I know I heard this song growing up, and later it would appear on old airchecks of pop radio stations from circa 1975-76. But I think it was an album cut, not actually a hit single.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

Quote from: bandit957 on August 11, 2022, 10:29:31 AMIt was a faster song, and I remember it started out with a piano being played really fast.

I know I heard this song growing up, and later it would appear on old airchecks of pop radio stations from circa 1975-76. But I think it was an album cut, not actually a hit single.

Also, it definitely wasn't "Solar Prestige A Gammon." I remember hearing "Solar Prestige A Gammon" on the radio once, on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach in 1982. I remember it because the DJ talked about how the lyrics were all words in the English language, but they were just strung together so they didn't make any sense.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

bandit957

Quote from: kurumi on August 11, 2022, 11:55:09 AM
Was there a shorter radio edit of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_xAToFzck

It sounded sort of like the second half of it, but that wasn't it.

skluth

The two best-Elton songs that start with an upbeat piano were Honky Cat and Crocodile Rock, but both were huge hit singles. This song, Where To Now St Peter, was pretty popular on FM radio in the early 70's.

I've never heard I Think I'm Going To Kill Myself on the radio, but it has an ironically upbeat piano.

I once had all the early Elton albums, but those went when I sold all my vinyl.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.