News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Dolphins over Bengals
Vikings over Saints
Lions over Seahawks
Steelers over Jets
Giants over Bears
Titans over Colts
Chargers over Texans
Falcons over Browns
Commanders over Cowboys
Eagles over Jaguars
Bills over Ravens
Cardinals over Panthers
Broncos over Raiders
Packers over Patriots
Buccaneers over Chiefs
Rams over 49ers

I'm pretty contrary to you guys this week.

NWI_Irish96

Bengals
Vikings
Browns
Bills
Cowboys
Seahawks
Chargers
Colts
Bears
Eagles
Steelers
Cardinals
Packers
Raiders
Chiefs
Rams
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

Everyone really picking the Bengals who haven't looked good at all against arguably the team that's looked best this season? OK.....

1995hoo

ESPN reports Minneapolis will host if the Buccaneers game Sunday has to be relocated.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 28, 2022, 11:37:56 AM
Everyone really picking the Bengals who haven't looked good at all against arguably the team that's looked best this season? OK.....

Tua's status is still somewhat in question, and Miami hasn't been truly dominant except for Q4 against the Ravens. Plus the Bengals are at home (and debuting their white helmets, I might add). I think it's a coin flip.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 28, 2022, 02:46:21 PM
ESPN reports Minneapolis will host if the Buccaneers game Sunday has to be relocated.

Was hoping they'd pick Chicago. I was going to try to go to the game if they did.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 28, 2022, 11:37:56 AM
Vegas has Cincy -3.5. Miami is not winning another game like the one against the Bills - they were more than doubled in total yards, first downs, and time of possession. Though oddly they did win one against the Rams in 2020 which might have been even more bizarre: https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220127

Quote from: webny99 on September 28, 2022, 02:58:44 PM
Tua's status is still somewhat in question, and Miami hasn't been truly dominant except for Q4 against the Ravens. Plus the Bengals are at home (and debuting their white helmets, I might add). I think it's a coin flip.
How was Tua allowed back in that game? He couldn't even stand straight. Bad look for the league.

jgb191

Texans gave us the most wonderful Christmas present when they routed the Chargers last Christmas!  I believe in deja vu this Sunday!
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

thspfc

Quote from: jgb191 on September 28, 2022, 11:59:57 PM
Texans gave us the most wonderful Christmas present when they routed the Chargers last Christmas!  I believe in deja vu this Sunday!
Same with the Cowboys dropping 56 on the ol' Washington Football Team. I call that one the Nightmare After Christmas.

Ted$8roadFan

Bill Belichick's new catchphrase: day-by-day. 

1995hoo

ESPN reports the Buccaneers game will be played in Tampa as scheduled.

Big John

thspfc

Absolutely horrendous uniforms on display tonight.

Big John

jmacswimmer

Quote from: thspfc on September 28, 2022, 08:27:04 PM
Quote from: webny99 on September 28, 2022, 02:58:44 PM
How was Tua allowed back in that game? He couldn't even stand straight. Bad look for the league.

And it became a thousand times worse tonight with Tua taken to the hospital. Hope he's okay first & foremost, but wonder if Miami could be in some serious trouble now for how the whole situation has been handled. Regardless of what the injury on Sunday really was, it's a terrible look for everyone involved.

(And as a side note, announcers really need to stop with the "I'm not gonna speculate..."  coupled with replaying the injury over & over.)

Edited to add: I found it odd that the halftime show didn't make any mention of the Sunday injury, but now Al & Kirk discussed it briefly coming out of a commercial break. Either way, Amazon is clearly treading lightly on the subject.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Scary situation with Tua and hope he's OK...

I know concussion protocols in the NFL are better than they used to be, but it still seems really odd that he came back in last week and was cleared to play tonight. And now this happening is the worst-case scenario.

Alps

It's possible that he didn't have a concussion last time but he does this time. He cleared all the tests last time. Therefore despite the grave hit, it wasn't a concussion.

Henry

Shame on the Dolphins for letting Tua play. They could've kept him out of the game as a precaution. The way the Bengals' defense pounded him severely just shows how wrong it was to allow him to continue playing, even if he didn't get a concussion in the last game.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

skluth

Not really related to the current season. But former NFL and San Diego State TE Gavin Escobar died in a rock climbing accident in Idyllwild. I've hiked on the mountains between Palm Springs and Idyllwild multiple times and it's fairly common to see rock climbers on many of the San Jacinto Mountains steeper faces. Injuries beyond scrapes and the occasional twisted ankle or wrist are rare (most bring along giant cushions), so to hear of two deaths is pretty shocking. Escobar had recently started a post-football career as a firefighter in Long Beach. Very sad to hear.

thspfc

Quote from: skluth on September 30, 2022, 06:11:47 PM
Not really related to the current season. But former NFL and San Diego State TE Gavin Escobar died in a rock climbing accident in Idyllwild. I've hiked on the mountains between Palm Springs and Idyllwild multiple times and it's fairly common to see rock climbers on many of the San Jacinto Mountains steeper faces. Injuries beyond scrapes and the occasional twisted ankle or wrist are rare (most bring along giant cushions), so to hear of two deaths is pretty shocking. Escobar had recently started a post-football career as a firefighter in Long Beach. Very sad to hear.
I wonder how that can happen if you're wearing a harness. Did it break?

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: Henry on September 30, 2022, 01:01:39 PM
Shame on the Dolphins for letting Tua play. They could've kept him out of the game as a precaution. The way the Bengals' defense pounded him severely just shows how wrong it was to allow him to continue playing, even if he didn't get a concussion in the last game.

Head injuries are football's Achilles heel.

skluth

Quote from: thspfc on September 30, 2022, 11:43:51 PM
Quote from: skluth on September 30, 2022, 06:11:47 PM
I wonder how that can happen if you're wearing a harness. Did it break?
No idea. They've only released what I linked to.

epzik8

I've given up on predictions for this year after having only five correct predictions for week 3.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

thspfc

Quote from: epzik8 on October 01, 2022, 04:55:29 PM
I've given up on predictions for this year after having only five correct predictions for week 3.
Also 5 here. Week 3 was especially weird, even as far as September goes.

1995hoo

Washington at Dallas looks more like Pittsburgh at Dallas.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.