News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What does a ban message look like?

Started by tolbs17, April 11, 2021, 11:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

Quote from: SkyPesos on July 28, 2021, 10:23:40 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on July 28, 2021, 10:22:05 PM
Does this forum have a section of banned users like other forums like this one has?
Probably a no, but for specific users, I know that ethanman62187 is banned.
I know others will say that's none of your business.

Max Rockatansky

Does it really matter?  Most of us who have been for awhile know who is on the shit list. 

tolbs17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 28, 2021, 10:31:54 PM
Does it really matter?  Most of us who have been for awhile know who is on the shit list.
It's obvious, I only asked this question cause I see other forums have it.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on July 28, 2021, 10:32:30 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 28, 2021, 10:31:54 PM
It's obvious, I only asked this question cause I see other forums have it.

No, that still doesn't explain why it matters. 

Roadgeekteen

Tolbs just make sure that you don't end up on the ban list
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

roadman

Quote from: 1 on April 12, 2021, 09:00:03 AM
On one Minecraft server, I had some moderator powers. I intended to ban someone for 3 days, but it turned out to be 3 seconds.

"How long did you scrooch him for?"  "The dial says eight.  I don't know if it's eight hours or eight years."  "Oh, you're so quick on the trigger Cloyd." - from Rocky and Bullwinkle.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Scott5114

Inquiring after banned users does nothing but call attention to them, which usually delights them, and makes it more likely someone else will do the same thing they got banned for to try to get that same negative attention.

As Wikipedia puts it when discussing wiki vandalism:
Quote from: Wikipedia
[...] Glorification of vandalism through infamy encourages Internet memes through reinforcement, where users imitate notorious or unique vandalism methods for amusement, to share in the infamy, or for the thrill of defying authority and/or interfering in other users' work. Denying recognition and infamy neutralizes common primary motivators for vandalism and disruption.

Additionally, on the off chance that a banned user looks back on their past behavior with regret, bringing the topic up does nothing but serve as a mild form of public shaming.

For these reasons, it is uncouth to try to start a discussion about banned users.

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.