Homeowners share the minor issues they ignored that are now much bigger problems

Started by ZLoth, May 25, 2024, 04:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

Quote from: epzik8 on May 31, 2024, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: Road Hog on May 31, 2024, 01:17:18 AMI got swimming areas at 4 lakes within a 30-minute drive. I ain't building a pool, even though it's big business in my neighborhood.

POOL:
Pay
Out
Obscure
Liabilities.

I believe this is called being based.

The only pool that doesn't matter
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

ZLoth

From Buzzfeed:

31 Expensive "Unseen Realities" Of Owning A Home, According To Those Who Learned The Hard Way
"After a few years of owning a home, you won't believe how many tools, paintbrushes, rolls of duct tape, tubes of caulk, and spare roof shingles you'll have. Or how empty your bank account will be."
QuoteWhen purchasing a home, many first-time buyers fixate on the up-front expenses they'll incur, from the home inspection to legal fees to the down payment. Well, I hate to break it to you, but that's just the beginning. Recently, I asked homeowners of the BuzzFeed Community to share the hidden costs that they weren't prepared for — financially or otherwise. From their submissions, these are the realities that any current or future homeowner should know about before it's too late.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
Don't Drive Distrac... SQUIRREL!

SEWIGuy

Those all seemed pretty obvious to me, but I have owned homes for 30 years now. And a lot of those were reasons we decided on buying a condo this time around.

mgk920

(Owner). "Hmmm, the grass seems to be getting a little thick (maybe tomorrow) . . ."

:-o

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.