News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Chase begins to phase out offering safety deposit boxes

Started by -- US 175 --, October 01, 2022, 01:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-- US 175 --

They won't be offered to new customers at all, while existing customers will only get to retain their boxes as long as their branch is still there and open.  If their branch closes, they won't have the opportunity to have a new box at another branch.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/safety-deposit-boxes-headed-toward-extinction-at-chase/3086174/

ZLoth

Quote from: -- US 175 -- on October 01, 2022, 01:40:15 PMThey won't be offered to new customers at all, while existing customers will only get to retain their boxes as long as their branch is still there and open.  If their branch closes, they won't have the opportunity to have a new box at another branch.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/safety-deposit-boxes-headed-toward-extinction-at-chase/3086174/

When I moved to Texas in 2019, the credit union I went with did not offer safe deposit boxes, while my mother's branch of a megabank of America had a two YEAR wait for a safe deposit box. A sizable safe mounted to the floor was promptly installed.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Scott5114

There is enough need for safe deposit boxes, especially among the wealthy, that I have no doubt that other banks will continue offering this service. Or else some form of storage business that just does safe deposit boxes and no other banking functions will arise.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

As long as spouses want to hide stuff from each other, there will be deposit boxes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.