News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US highways with brick-street segments

Started by KCRoadFan, January 17, 2023, 12:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

In Stockton, KS, which I drove through earlier today, US 24 follows Main Street through town. Along its path through Stockton, the four blocks of Main Street/US 24 closest to the central intersection with Cedar Street/US 183 (two blocks to the west and two to the east) are paved with brick, corresponding with the town's downtown business district.

Throughout the country, where might some other towns be in which a US highway goes through it, and its path through the town follows a brick street or streets for at least one block? I'm sure there's a number of them.

amroad17

I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

catch22

US-12 (Michigan Avenue) for about 1/2 mile near the old Tiger Stadium site in Detroit.  The asphalt section in the center lane covers the old trolley car rails, still partially visable, that were part of Detroit's light rail system shut down in the 1950s.

https://goo.gl/maps/jKVEzxDNEBUtUs819

mgk920

What are these streets paved with, older traditional 'fired' ceramic bricks or much newer PCC concrete 'cinder' bricks?

Mike

US 89

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.