News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Why only 70 in South Carolina on I95

Started by ethanman62187, October 13, 2011, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanman62187

Why on route 95 the limit is only 70?
I like all of this. I like va sr 28 to be an interstate highway.

corco

Why is sentence coherent you write not?

Because traffic engineers in SC decided that was an appropriate speed limit. Given that 70 is on the upper end for an east coast state, that's a good thing.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: corco on October 13, 2011, 08:57:38 PM
Why is sentence coherent you write not?

Because traffic engineers in SC decided that was an appropriate speed limit. Given that 70 is on the upper end for an east coast state, that's a good thing.

That doesn't mean it should be 70.  That stretch could be signed 80 with no ill effects.  I've been on it.  Most boring stretch of highway I think I've ever driven on.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

ethanman62187

You also have to drive at least 45. 45 is the minimum speed limit.

formulanone

I've driven on I-95 in South Carolina several times, I'd say 70 is fair considering that Georgia and North Carolina also use 70 mph. If it was 65, I'd complain.

Traffic is either a NASCAR superspeedway race whereby everyone is charging around in the left lane at 90 mph, or everyone's an the automotive equivalent of a liesurely stroll at sub-limit speeds (say, 5 under in the right lane). Being that there's lots of semis, and most states max their speeds to 70, their choice of 70 for all is a good one.

roadman65

70 is good for I-95 in SC.  As far as NC being 70 it is only in two places along I-95 in NC.  Only from Kenly to the VA Border, and the Fayetteville Bypass while most of the rest of I-95 in NC is still 65.  GA did raise it from the 55 mph that was implimented from the SC Line to I-16 now to 70 about the time SC did when Clinton signed that bill  allowing states to make their own limits.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ethanman62187

Quote from: roadman65 on October 15, 2011, 01:35:11 PM
70 is good for I-95 in SC.  As far as NC being 70 it is only in two places along I-95 in NC.  Only from Kenly to the VA Border, and the Fayetteville Bypass while most of the rest of I-95 in NC is still 65.  GA did raise it from the 55 mph that was implimented from the SC Line to I-16 now to 70 about the time SC did when Clinton signed that bill  allowing states to make their own limits.

Wow, nice knowing of things about those things.

NE2

Quote from: ethanman62187 on October 22, 2011, 01:47:08 PM
Wow, nice knowing of things about those things.
Please, can we have a 'no Pakleds' policy here?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DeaconG

^We are strong! We have the phaser weapon! :-D :pan: :poke: :spin:
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

vdeane

We look for things... things that make us go.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.