Virginia State Highways (in development)

Started by Jim, November 06, 2015, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Found a few more worth mentioning:
US 33: Needs point at Parham Rd (only route missing a point there surprisingly)
VA 33:  Could use point at Laburnum Ave due to directly connecting to I-64 (probably not there due to VA 33 having its own interchange with I-64 not that far west)
VA 171:LawRd point is not centered onto VA 171
VA 412: US460Bus point needs to be recentered onto the roundabout, same for US 460 Business
US 522: Tasker Rd connects US 522 to I-81 at VA 37, I had a debate in my mind over this one but there are no "TO I-81" signs at US 522 according to Street View so it probably does not matter.  If VA 37 is ever extended east to US 522, obviously this would be a moot point.

EDIT: VA 165 at VA 190 (Va Beach): Due to the relocation of this intersection, the points here just need to be moved to the new location.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Mapmikey

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 04, 2016, 08:30:25 PM
Found a few more worth mentioning:
US 33: Needs point at Parham Rd (only route missing a point there surprisingly)
VA 33:  Could use point at Laburnum Ave due to directly connecting to I-64 (probably not there due to VA 33 having its own interchange with I-64 not that far west)
VA 171:LawRd point is not centered onto VA 171
VA 412: US460Bus point needs to be recentered onto the roundabout, same for US 460 Business
US 522: Tasker Rd connects US 522 to I-81 at VA 37, I had a debate in my mind over this one but there are no "TO I-81" signs at US 522 according to Street View so it probably does not matter.  If VA 37 is ever extended east to US 522, obviously this would be a moot point.

I moved the Masonic Ln point on VA 33 over to Laburnum.
For VA 171 I centered the point plus added points at where it goes to Messick Rd (unposted so I'm sure people continue right on to the waterfront) which required a point at Ridge Rd for shaping.
VA 412/US 460 Bus point is inside the circle so I let it be.
I did not do anything with US 522/Tasker Rd based on no TO I-81 postings.
I added Parham Rd to US 33.

From earlier posts I made all the VA 337 changes I had indicated except I did not leave a point at Monticello Ave.  The VA 337 changes required fixes to I-464, US 460, US 460 ALT, US 58 (including new point at US 460 Church St) which I did.  I moved US 460 to Church St to be consistent with how we are treating US route posting changes in Independent Cities within Virginia (required a VA 247 fix).  For US 460 ALT I changed it to the most defensible routing I could.  I did not connect it back to Brambleton/Church even though I think that is where it likely goes because right now there is zero proof of it.

I moved the VA144 Dudley Dr point to Happy Hill Rd.

I made most of the changes to US 1-301 suggested in the thread above as well as those for US 11, US 13, Us 460 Bus Chr, VA 114, VA 199, and VA 314.

Sending everything I have to Jim this evening and that catches me up to all Virginia changes I am aware of (I think)...

Mike

oscar

Quote from: Mapmikey on January 08, 2016, 08:54:26 PMFor US 460 ALT I changed it to the most defensible routing I could.  I did not connect it back to Brambleton/Church even though I think that is where it likely goes because right now there is zero proof of it.

Yeah, US 460 Alt is pretty ridiculous. When I went out to clinch it, I just followed about every conceivable routing through downtown Norfolk. I hope that the one you went with turns out to be one of the routings I followed.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.