News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For US 22/US 322 and US 11/US 15)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Ramp Closures Scheduled at Resurfacing Project on Route 22/322 in Perry County, Route 11/15 in Dauphin County

CE Expert System:

District 1:  US 6/US 19 French Creek Pkwy (reconstruction from PA 27 to north end with plans to decrease lanes from 4 to 2)

District 4:  Blackman St SB Ramp from I-81 (also affects PA 309)

Bitmapped

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 20, 2023, 06:17:19 AM
CE Expert System:

District 1:  US 6/US 19 French Creek Pkwy (reconstruction from PA 27 to north end with plans to decrease lanes from 4 to 2)

This project is going to eliminate the stub interchange with US 6/US 19 with its previous routing north of Meadville. US 6/US 19 will become the through movement.

Does anyone know where French Creek Parkway was intended to continue from its stub end? I-79 parallels US 19 closely through here, so I can't imagine PennDOT was also planning to upgrade it to a new alignment.

ARMOURERERIC

When I was at Edinboro c1982, the old timer claim was it going to Union City or Corry

vdeane

Quote from: Bitmapped on April 20, 2023, 06:58:09 PM
CE Expert System:

This project is going to eliminate the stub interchange with US 6/US 19 with its previous routing north of Meadville. US 6/US 19 will become the through movement.

Does anyone know where French Creek Parkway was intended to continue from its stub end? I-79 parallels US 19 closely through here, so I can't imagine PennDOT was also planning to upgrade it to a new alignment.
Interesting.  Is there a way to see what the final alignment will look like?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Quote from: vdeane on April 20, 2023, 08:29:16 PM
CE Expert System:

If you are referring to this project, you should be able to see it via the Document List.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 19, 2023, 12:01:17 PM
(For I-90 and PA 99) PennDOT - District 1 News: Rolling Closures, Short-Term Lane Restrictions Today for Bridge Removal over Interstate 90

(For PA 99 and I-90)  PennDOT - District 1 News: Rolling Closures, Short-Term Lane Restrictions This Week for Bridge Removal over Interstate 90

(For I-90)  PennDOT - District 1 News: PennDOT Announces Update to Plans for the Beckman Road Bridge in Erie County

(For PA 98)  PennDOT - District 1 News: Project to Replace the Route 98 Bridge in Vernon Township, Crawford County to Begin Next Week

(For PA 32)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Pipe Replacement Scheduled on Route 32 (River Road) in Lower Makefield Township

vdeane

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 24, 2023, 09:11:28 AM
Quote from: vdeane on April 20, 2023, 08:29:16 PM
CE Expert System:

If you are referring to this project, you should be able to see it via the Document List.
Neat.  Looks like US 6/19 will be following something very close to the existing SB alignment.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

seicer

I couldn't follow along with the website about the French Creek Parkway bidding but I did find this: https://www.penndot.pa.gov/RegionalOffices/district-1/PublicMeetings/CrawfordCounty/Documents/210525%20French%20Creek%20Parkway%20Revised%20Presentation_Newest.pdf

It really doesn't seem like four lanes are justified and with the roadway in poor condition, reconstructing with two lanes is the best alternative. The multi-use trail will be a nice addition for the unused lanes.

74/171FAN

Quote from: seicer on April 25, 2023, 03:07:32 PM
I couldn't follow along with the website about the French Creek Parkway bidding but I did find this: https://www.penndot.pa.gov/RegionalOffices/district-1/PublicMeetings/CrawfordCounty/Documents/210525%20French%20Creek%20Parkway%20Revised%20Presentation_Newest.pdf

It really doesn't seem like four lanes are justified and with the roadway in poor condition, reconstructing with two lanes is the best alternative. The multi-use trail will be a nice addition for the unused lanes.

It was not a bidding.  Just the latest Categorical Exclusion documentation. 

You should be able to access the Doc List here under Part A:  https://www.dotdom2.state.pa.us/ceea/ceeamain03.nsf/PopUpDocList?OpenForm&PackNo=31705

74/171FAN

seicer

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 25, 2023, 03:33:44 PM
Quote from: seicer on April 25, 2023, 03:07:32 PM

It was not a bidding.  Just the latest Categorical Exclusion documentation. 

You should be able to access the Doc List here under Part A:  https://www.dotdom2.state.pa.us/ceea/ceeamain03.nsf/PopUpDocList?OpenForm&PackNo=31705

Thanks!

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Update on US 322 widening from an email I received today:

QuoteSection CSX, the second phase of the project, is expected to begin in 2024 and will replace the U.S. 322 (Conchester Highway) bridge over the CSX railroad and Bethel Road as well as improvements to the adjacent Bethel Road Interchange.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.