News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

CE Expert System: 

District 8:  Sycamore/Paxton Intersection Imp

Will result in a realignment of PA 441:

QuoteThe existing SR 441 section of Sycamore St. between the current Paxton/Sycamore intersection east to 28th Street will be turned over to the township. SR 441 will begin at the 28th/Paxton Street intersection and travel east. It was determined that the pavement on existing SR 441 between the Paxton/Sycamore and 28th Street did not require milling and overlay. PennDOT will update signs and pavement markings.

The section of 28th Street located between the Sycamore Street/28th Street intersection and 28th Street/Paxton Street intersection will be acquired by PennDOT. No improvements are proposed for this section of roadway. It will become part of SR 441.

PA 741 at PA 283 EB Ramps

District 10:

PA 66 1/112th Infantry Bridge/Graff Ramp Rehabilitation

PennDOT - District 10 News: PennDOT Announces Plans Display for the I-80 Brookville East Reconstruction Project in Jefferson County
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Roadsguy

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 28, 2023, 07:44:56 AM
District 8:  Sycamore/Paxton Intersection Imp

Will result in a realignment of PA 441:

QuoteThe existing SR 441 section of Sycamore St. between the current Paxton/Sycamore intersection east to 28th Street will be turned over to the township. SR 441 will begin at the 28th/Paxton Street intersection and travel east. It was determined that the pavement on existing SR 441 between the Paxton/Sycamore and 28th Street did not require milling and overlay. PennDOT will update signs and pavement markings.

The section of 28th Street located between the Sycamore Street/28th Street intersection and 28th Street/Paxton Street intersection will be acquired by PennDOT. No improvements are proposed for this section of roadway. It will become part of SR 441.

Finally! I've thought for a long time that this new routing would make far more sense.
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

roadman65

https://goo.gl/maps/5ECLPgJc3KfdYvRc8
What's up with the black signal heads along US 202 in Bucks and Montgomery Counties?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MASTERNC

Quote from: roadman65 on March 10, 2023, 03:34:17 PM
What's up with the black signal heads along US 202 in Bucks and Montgomery Counties?

I don't mind them but they need the yellow backplates. I do think it is aesthetic related due to the construction of that parkway.

roadman65

Virginia in the Hampton Roads area has gone black. SE Texas has.

I don't mind em as Florida went black in the eighties.  It's just odd for PA to use them.

Sheryl Crowe

plain

PA has a few black signals sprinkled throughout the state. But they're especially common in the Pittsburgh area.
Newark born, Richmond bred

storm2k

Quote from: MASTERNC on March 10, 2023, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on March 10, 2023, 03:34:17 PM

I don't mind them but they need the yellow backplates. I do think it is aesthetic related due to the construction of that parkway.

At the time this section of 202 Parkway was designed, the yellow backplates were not required, hence they did not do them. If the signals have to be replaced at some point I'm sure they'll get yellow backplates, but not until then.

74/171FAN

roadman65

How come US 292 Business does not go into Doylestown? I noticed it ends at PA 611 thus not looping back to its parent.

Might as well number it all the way. Even if the borough maintains the old 202 through it, just post signs anyway.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

The old 202 through Doylestown was that way since the 1970s when that US 202 Bypass was built.  US 202 BUS was only intended to cover the portion replaced by the parkway.

famartin

Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 13, 2023, 09:47:14 PM
The old 202 through Doylestown was that way since the 1970s when that US 202 Bypass was built.  US 202 BUS was only intended to cover the portion replaced by the parkway.

My understanding is that there never was a 202 Bus before the parkway was built in order to discourage thru traffic from going into downtown Doylestown. 202 Bus only came about because the boroughs bypassed complained that they lost business when the new parkway was built earlier this century. At least, that's what I recall hearing.

roadman65

Still they can sign it for continuity purposes.

https://goo.gl/maps/yQMhRjLyKct9G8QW7
On another subject, I noticed that the ramp from the Walt Whitman Bridge to I-95 Southbound has an at grade signalized intersection with Front Street thus creating the same situation as further north as between I-80 and I-476

Sheryl Crowe

famartin

Quote from: roadman65 on March 14, 2023, 04:19:24 AM
Still they can sign it for continuity purposes.

At this point, there's no reason not to. In fact, when I clinched 202 BUS last fall, I plotted out the route through Doylestown, presuming it WAS part of 202 Bus. I was mildly surprised to find that it wasn't, but I understand why it isn't.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.