News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

[San Jose, CA] US-101S to CA-87S two-lane exit completed

Started by FredAkbar, September 14, 2022, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredAkbar

To surprisingly little fanfare, the road work to add a second exit lane (that is, you can now exit from the right-most through lane of 101S, in addition to the exit-only lane) to the 101-87 southbound interchange in San Jose seems to be complete. I drove through there yesterday and noticed the newly available dual-lane exit.

Now-outdated GSV of the exit - traffic tends to get pretty backed up there, as everyone rushes to merge in to the right-most (exit) lane at the last second. Hopefully this alleviates it a bit, though traffic was too light for me to really notice when I drove through there last night.

I don't see any news articles about it recently, though there is this mention in Mercury News from last year mentioning the upcoming construction. I believe this work was related to the larger project of overhauling the Trimble Road interchange just north of that, but nice to see that the 87 exit work was able to be completed as a separate step and we didn't have to wait the extra years for the rest of the work.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.