News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bridge Inspections

Started by M86, November 07, 2013, 04:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/Benton-County-Bridge-Investigation/-/8897494/22802774/-/13a65m8z/-/index.html

i, quite frankly, have no words...

Benton County is home to over 200,000 people.  I don't understand the setup in this state.  Why is a county judge, aka santa clause, the go-to person on this issue?  He has no idea what is going on.  And I'm sensing a "good ol' boy" network.  I thought judges were for court?

NE2

Quote from: transcript because why a video"They didn't have good records out there." AND WITHOUT GOOD REPAIR RECORDS - BENTON COUNTY HAS NO IDEA WHICH BRIDGES THEY'VE ALREADY FIXED AND WHICH ONES STILL NEED WORK. A REPORT SHOWS THIS BRIDGE OVER WOLF CREEK NEEDED IMMEDIATE WORK MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. IT MIGHT ALREADY BE DONE - BUT THE COUNTY HAS NO WAY TO CHECK IT. (SOUND OF WATER RUSHING) SAME STORY WITH THIS BRIDGE OVER SPAVINAW CREEK. IT MIGHT NEED REPAIR IT MIGHT NOT. "Our records are pretty poor to show whether they have or haven't, so we're going to have to go physically look at these." IN ALL -- THEIR REPAIR LIST SHOWS 23 BRIDGES WITH AN A OR B RATING FROM THE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT A - MEANING FIX IT NOW OR B - MEANING GET IT DONE IN SIX MONTHS. THESE ARE THE WORST BRIDGES IN THE COUNTY BUT OF THOSE 23 NEEDING WORK - THE COUNTY ONLY HAS REPAIR RECORDS FOR TWO OF THOSE BRIDGES. "I don't like to throw people under the bus, but I guess the previous administration just didn't keep good records when they made these repairs." SCOTT STOBER WAS THE HEAD OF THE ROADS DEPARTMENT WHEN THE COUNTY JUDGE SAYS INSPECTION RECORDS STOPPED. DEPUTIES ARRESTED HIM AND TWO OTHER ROADS DEPARTMENT WORKERS ON SUSPICION OF STEALING COUNTY MONEY IN JULY. "It does bring the question, why didn't they get these reports done? Why didn't he get these reports turned in? I can't answer it." WITHOUT REPAIR RECORDS - THE COUNTY ALSO DOESN'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT'S GOING TO COST YOU TO FIX DAMAGED BRIDGES. Ben asks, "How does that reflect on the roads department do you think?" Clinard says, "Not good for the past. But into the future it's going to be just fine." BEN WAGNER REPORTING. SINCE THIS INVESTIGATION
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.