AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 01:07:16 AM 
Started by TheHighwayMan394 - Last post by TheHighwayMan394
So this is an embarrassing admission and oversight, but after actually sitting down and crunching numbers, thinking about how much time I have before this trip, and my current assets, I decided it is not in my best interests to do this. I feel like a dumbass, but better now than later when I'm staring at a giant credit bill.

on: Today at 01:01:42 AM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by Roadgeekteen
I'm now searching the great nation of Russian Olympic Committee in a map :sombrero:. They have a nice anthem too, at least it's not the same as the Olympic Hymn.

Speaking of maps, Russia is currently throwing a temper tantrum. Apparently, the initial map showed Crimea as part of Russia. Ukraine rightfully got pissed and the IOC changed the map back. Get fucked, Vlad.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-07-23/russia-fires-back-at-olympics-for-correcting-ukraine-map-to-include-crimea
Who cares about maps. Both countries have a claim, just draw it as disputed.

on: Today at 01:00:53 AM 
Started by hbelkins - Last post by milbfan
Guess I need to get down to Norton to see what they still have, and try to photograph them all. It's only a two-hour-and-change drive, so it would be an easy day trip. I've photographed at the Norton cutouts before, but don't think I've gotten them all.

You'll still find some, confined to Park Ave NW.  Just went through downtown this evening.

on: Today at 12:50:49 AM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by Scott5114
I'm now searching the great nation of Russian Olympic Committee in a map :sombrero:. They have a nice anthem too, at least it's not the same as the Olympic Hymn.

Speaking of maps, Russia is currently throwing a temper tantrum. Apparently, the initial map showed Crimea as part of Russia. Ukraine rightfully got pissed and the IOC changed the map back. Get fucked, Vlad.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-07-23/russia-fires-back-at-olympics-for-correcting-ukraine-map-to-include-crimea

You mean get fucked, Vova. "Vlad" is short for Vladislav.

Anyway, Russia isn't allowed in the Olympics, so who gives a damn about their opinion? They're lucky they didn't just draw the whole damn country as part of Finland.

on: Today at 12:48:27 AM 
Started by TheGrassGuy - Last post by TheHighwayMan394
Some select entries from MN:

MN 1:
Ely - 1
Cook - 2
Togo - 1
rural Itasca County - 1
MN 6 duplex - 2
Northome - 3
MN 1/89 split - 1
Thief River Falls - 2
Total: 13

MN 23:
Pipestone - 3
Granite Falls - 2
St. Cloud - 2
Mora - 2
I-35 duplex - 2
Sandstone (MN 18 junction) - 1
Total: 12

on: Today at 12:38:43 AM 
Started by tolbs17 - Last post by tolbs17
My first thread in Off-topic. It's still fun

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=25327.0

I don't get why it's funny.
Cause of formulanone saying "Why do you care?"

You do realize that was meant to point out that it's an inappropriate question for this forum, yeah?
No I did not. And I probably didn't read the guidelines before posting content like that.

on: Today at 12:36:25 AM 
Started by tolbs17 - Last post by tolbs17
The advantages of SPUIs compared to other interchanges is when turning left, it's easier for big vehicles such as trucks, buses, and RVs to turn easier without making a wider turn.

And the next advantage is that of where you stop, is only in one junction. No need to stop twice compared to the other interchanges.

NCDOT still builds SPUIs, like the one at I-295 and US-401 in Western Fayetteville, although they consider it more if the highway is going over the arterial. Although in general it's more expensive. That's just a fact.

on: Today at 12:23:09 AM 
Started by TheGrassGuy - Last post by milbfan
I'm lazy.  I'll do the one closest to me.

VA:  US 23 - 0.  Lots of curves, no turns.

on: Today at 12:22:53 AM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by Concrete Bob
Anthony Henday Drive - Edmonton, AB
Stoney Trail/TsuuT'ina Trail - Calgary, AB
Loop 202 and 303 - Maricopa County, AZ
Grand Parkway - Houston, TX (When completed)
Overseas Highway, FL Keys

on: Today at 12:14:43 AM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by Roadgeekteen
IMO the day is 4 AM-4 AM.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.