News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2018 Road Meets

Started by Brandon, September 21, 2017, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highway63

Due to changes at work, it has become nearly impossible for me to schedule anything without knowing a year in advance. In fact, today was the last day for vacation requests for the rest of the year. Anything here on out is a 2-day limit (so La Crosse would be in). I set a week in June that I think I'll be tackling US 8/141 and I-41, but don't know if I can have it Tuesday-Tuesday or it has to be Sunday-Saturday.

An ABQ meet the third weekend of July 2019 sounds lovely. I just got to NM the first time in 20 years last year but I still need to get Santa Fe and want more of US 66. OTOH, it would set me up for driving through the bulk of Kansas for the third time in three years.

As for anything in Sioux City and Omaha, I've thought about it but it would depend on who wanted to see things mid-construction as opposed to near completion. (It's also another two hours each way for me over there now, so I wouldn't be scouting like I did in 2010.) The I-74 bridge is getting pilings just this year so aside from land-clearing on the Iowa side and US 67 conversion, there's not much to see.

SSOWorld

Stickied for index purposes - will be doing this every year.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 23, 2018, 12:16:44 PM
Stickied for index purposes - will be doing this every year.

Great idea... thanks, Scott!
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.