News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Tapatalk Has Gone Ad Crazy

Started by Rothman, August 20, 2019, 08:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

What do people use to browse this forum on their phones besides Tapatalk?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hotdogPi

While I have only used this forum on the phone once, going to the website itself (not an app) seemed to be fine.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

cjk374

Quote from: 1 on August 20, 2019, 08:18:01 AM
While I have only used this forum on the phone once, going to the website itself (not an app) seemed to be fine.

I am on my phone while making this post. I don't use Tapatalk.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jeffandnicole

I just use Google Chrome on my phone.

1995hoo

I'm not getting ads in Tapatalk, but it's annoying the crap out of me with some constant pop-ups about "giving kin,"  whatever that is. I've tried to ignore it, but I gather it's something similar to the reputation points some fora use.

Lately I've normally used my phone's browser to view the forum unless I want to upload a photo, in which case I go to Tapatalk.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

LM117

No Tapatalk for me. I just use Safari on my iPhone 6s.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Brandon

Safari on an iPhone.  Works just fine.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

ET21

Chrome on the phone, works nicely
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CNGL-Leudimin

When I sneak in to grab the first post in a new year while most of you are still in the previous one, I do so from a phone, and I use the browser (Chrome in my case, which I also used on the desktop version until I got a new laptop, and at that point I switched back to Firefox). Otherwise I don't read this forum from my phone.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kphoger

I hardly ever use my cell phone to access this site but, when I do, I use the full website.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on August 20, 2019, 03:16:28 PM
When I sneak in to grab the first post in a new year while most of you are still in the previous one

No one cares.

Quote from: jeffandnicole on August 20, 2019, 08:26:00 AM

I'll jump in on this bandwagon. Works just fine, although the scaling is a bit weird sometimes. Just have to zoom in/out as needed.

plain

I use chrome when browsing on the phone, actually I've been using my phone a lot lately versus my laptop. I only use Tapatalk when posting pictures (which is the easiest method for me).
Newark born, Richmond bred

jp the roadgeek

Google Chrome on the phone, Microsoft Edge on the laptop.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

kphoger

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on August 20, 2019, 09:09:00 PM

Quote from: jeffandnicole on August 20, 2019, 08:26:00 AM

I'll jump in on this bandwagon. Works just fine, although the scaling is a bit weird sometimes. Just have to zoom in/out as needed.

Yes, zooming in and out is a pain.  That's the main reason I hardly ever get on here by phone.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.