News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Location of a particular sign

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 03, 2015, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

In one of my RmcN atlases, it shows an example mileage sign. Where exactly would it be?  :hmmm: I know the location would be in northern Ohio. Cleveland is listed as being straight ahead 111 miles, Dayton is a left turn, 73 miles, and Zanesville is a right turn, 55 miles. I assume you would be facing north with this sign.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on August 03, 2015, 08:29:45 AM
In one of my RmcN atlases, it shows an example mileage sign. Where exactly would it be?  :hmmm:I know the location would be in northern Ohio. Cleveland is listed as being straight ahead 111 miles, Dayton is a left turn, 73 miles, and Zanesville is a right turn, 55 miles. I assume you would be facing north with this sign.

Dayton and Cleveland are over 200 miles apart, so I don't see how there can be anyplace that is 111 miles from Cleveland and 73 miles from Dayton. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

TravelingBethelite

I'll admit, I kind of thought it was fake.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

sandwalk

The only location that comes close would be Columbus, probably at the junction of I-70 and I-71. Dayton is approx. 75 miles west. Zanesville is approx. 55 miles east. Cleveland, however, is approx. 145 miles north/northeast....

vtk

Maybe they measured the distance to the near edge of the Cleveland metro area
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

ibagli

I assume it's either just Not Intended To Be A Factual Statement or very roughly estimated from Columbus...but...

From 71/270 on the north side, those figures are actually really close to the distances to the Cuyahoga county line via I-71; the Dayton city limits using I-270, I-70, and OH-4; and the Zanesville city limits using I-270, OH-161/37/16, and OH-146.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.