News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Location of a particular sign

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 03, 2015, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

In one of my RmcN atlases, it shows an example mileage sign. Where exactly would it be?  :hmmm: I know the location would be in northern Ohio. Cleveland is listed as being straight ahead 111 miles, Dayton is a left turn, 73 miles, and Zanesville is a right turn, 55 miles. I assume you would be facing north with this sign.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on August 03, 2015, 08:29:45 AM
In one of my RmcN atlases, it shows an example mileage sign. Where exactly would it be?  :hmmm:I know the location would be in northern Ohio. Cleveland is listed as being straight ahead 111 miles, Dayton is a left turn, 73 miles, and Zanesville is a right turn, 55 miles. I assume you would be facing north with this sign.

Dayton and Cleveland are over 200 miles apart, so I don't see how there can be anyplace that is 111 miles from Cleveland and 73 miles from Dayton. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

TravelingBethelite

I'll admit, I kind of thought it was fake.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

sandwalk

The only location that comes close would be Columbus, probably at the junction of I-70 and I-71. Dayton is approx. 75 miles west. Zanesville is approx. 55 miles east. Cleveland, however, is approx. 145 miles north/northeast....

vtk

Maybe they measured the distance to the near edge of the Cleveland metro area
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

ibagli

I assume it's either just Not Intended To Be A Factual Statement or very roughly estimated from Columbus...but...

From 71/270 on the north side, those figures are actually really close to the distances to the Cuyahoga county line via I-71; the Dayton city limits using I-270, I-70, and OH-4; and the Zanesville city limits using I-270, OH-161/37/16, and OH-146.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.