News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's this stub for?

Started by Buffaboy, October 22, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffaboy

What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

The Ghostbuster

It's the future eastern terminus of Illinois State Highway 336.

noelbotevera

Looks like it was for IL 116 - IL 116 is just to the southwest and west of here - you can also see trees cleared at the I-474 interchange that go east into Peoria, probably towards I-74. That stub must've been built before the development went out this far.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Revive 755

The topic has been covered previously, but I can't find the post tonight.  IIRC the stubs on the east side of I-474 were for an arterial that wasn't built.

Brandon

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 22, 2015, 06:09:45 PM
It's the future eastern terminus of Illinois State Highway 336.

That's fairly obvious now.  The better question is, why is it set up so that it can continue east?

That's never made any sense to me at all.  There's nowhere it can go as Peoria isn't that damn big.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.