News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-270 Cloverleafs at I-70 & I-71 (Columbus)

Started by MASTERNC, December 12, 2015, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

Has there ever been talk of upgrading the cloverleaf interchanges on I-270 at I-70 (east side) and I-71 (south side) around Columbus?  I was traveling to Cincinnati right before Thanksgiving and the ramps from I-70 WB to I-270 inner and I-270 to I-71 SB because of all the weaving.  I would have thought both would have been given flyovers given the heavy volume using these ramps to travel from points east to Cincinnati.

6a

In short, yes. The area is growing so fast that the roads can't keep up. South side and east side.

There's also a plan, for 2018 I believe, to widen I-270 from Roberts to US33 on the west side. As a resident of that area, I certainly applaud that idea :)

Edit: forgot an f in there

mvak36

Is there an anticipated construction date for either interchange? I saw that the South Side pdf said pending funding. I couldn't see anything for the east side.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

6a

2017 for the east interchange, I think the south one is still quite some time off.

vtk

Can a mod please merge this thread with the I-270 Miscellany thread that already exists?

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=16215.0
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.