News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The road sign city name photo game

Started by Scott5114, December 29, 2016, 05:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 04, 2017, 06:13:11 PM
Ernest, PA to Tacoma, WA

This is my first attempt at posting a photo and the preview isn't working well so if this doesn't work, what am I doing wrong. I have the (img) url (img) (in brackets though) in there but the preview isn't liking me.

URL just in case if it fails: https://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondyue/6067973190

In the bottom right, there's a curved arrow (the share button). Use the BBcode link to share it in your post.

oscar

Ernest, PA to Tacoma, WA

This is my first attempt at posting a photo and the preview isn't working well so if this doesn't work, what am I doing wrong. I have the (img) url (img) (in brackets though) in there but the preview isn't liking me.

Shouldn't there be a .jpg or other extension on the file name?

Also, what is the photo size? If it's over 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall, that might be the problem.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: oscar on December 04, 2017, 06:25:09 PM
Ernest, PA to Tacoma, WA

Also, what is the photo size? If it's over 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall, that might be the problem.

It was a .jpg and 640 by 480 when I retested it in preview but still nothing :-(.  The original I think violated the size requirement because the original was 1080 by 1960 or so. I'll try again soon on a different city.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 05, 2017, 11:48:12 AM
Quote from: oscar on December 04, 2017, 06:25:09 PM
Ernest, PA to Tacoma, WA

It was a .jpg and 640 by 480 when I retested it in preview but still nothing :-(.  The original I think violated the size requirement because the original was 1080 by 1960 or so. I'll try again soon on a different city.

I believe that if you post a photo larger than the the size requirement, the forum will automatically resize it, and as long as the image isn't a link (some Flickr images are links), clicking the photo will make it full size. I have never had an image come up as a question mark because of size requirements.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

7/8

Alpha to Arthur, ON (on Wellington Road 8)

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

7/8

Rockwood, ON to Deer River, MN (on US 2)

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

7/8

Rockland, ON to Detroit, MI (on I-69)

Truvelo

Detroit -> The Dalles or Troutdale

Speed limits limit life

AsphaltPlanet

7/8

Salem, OH to Munising, MI (on M-28)

AsphaltPlanet

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

oscar

Prepare for boredom -- all my remaining N____ placenames end with "d".

Strongstown => North Thetford (VT):

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

AsphaltPlanet

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 391/425. Only 34 route markers remain!

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

Hurricane Rex

Armagh to Helena, AK

From Wikipedia Commons.

Running till I die.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Truvelo

Speed limits limit life

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: kphoger on December 07, 2017, 12:17:59 PM
AK = Alaska, bud.

One of two things happened:

1. I'm an idiot and didn't edit  :banghead:
2. Spell check hates me.

Running till I die.

AsphaltPlanet

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.